Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good price?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Smokey Burnouts
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good price?

I know this is hard to do, but im wondering is the bike im lookin at is anywhere close to a good deal. I hate to ask this but i just saw the bike and im in position to get it, and just wanted to see what i should offer. Really wanted a Xbones but i really think i could settle for this one! lol

Thanks

05, dyna WG, not sure the milage(i know.... needed to remember that)
....Air susp, PM controls(hand and foot) comes with 2 other seats, and another set of 12" apes.
im pretty sure from the pics yall can see what else is done. Dealer is askin $13,500

Last edited by Smokey Burnouts; 01-17-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:19 PM
fishercat
Cruiser

Nice looking bike! I think whether it is a good deal really depends on you and your sense of style. If the mods done to the bike are things you would have done anyway, then it would be a good deal. If you have to spend a lot more money to undo everything that has been done, then maybe not such a good deal. Definitely the mileage would be helpful though.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Smokey Burnouts
Road Captain

Fishercat...Its definatly my style of bike, and thanks for info

I tried callin to get milage but the dealer was closed.
Kelly Blue Book value trade- $8k, retail-$11k. Im not buyin to resell im buyin to ride and enjoy, but dont wanna overpay just cause it looks cool.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have it over priced for sure, due to the mods. Funny, they never give you a dime more on a trade in when you have thousands invested, but they sure will ask more than retail!!!

I personally would not pay a dime over high retail, especially if the miles are high.

The 06+ bikes have some significant upgrades to the frame, suspension, trans/engine...however, nothing wrong with the older bikes too.

It is a nice looking bike so if you overpay but it is what you want, do it and don't regret it. Your buying someone's idea of what their bike should look like and perform, as long as it fits your idea you save a ton on mods! Lots of cash spent on that bike.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:48 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Way overpriced.

My '09 was $9k.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Smokey Burnouts
Road Captain

Originally Posted by lo-rider
Way overpriced.

My '09 was $9k.
Think its worth it if i could get it for $10k?

Old 01-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is worth it to you? That is all that matters....

Just seeing the pics, it has more than 6-7k in mods done, who knows, maybe more. Lots of $$$ parts and powder work done! WG's usually are chrome ****** (the older ones that is).

You can almost buy a new WG for what they are asking, my local dealer has a left over '10 on sale for a few grand off......however it is bone stock. Up to you!

Old 01-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Smokey Burnouts
Road Captain

Vinsil.... i get what ur saying! Im just the type that could have 2 awesome bikes to choose from and no matter which i pick im gonna say "should have got other one".

Part of my knows i NEED a crossbones w/21" front tire, but other part sees this bike and says WOW and knows i could enjoy it!!!
Im a PIA!!

Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
NewHarleyGear
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I sold a 2007 Dyna Super Glide with 5,200 miles for $6,800 last week. It appears to be well customized, but I believe the price is to high.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

It is a nice looking bike for sure, but they shouldn't be charging extra because of the work done. What would the same dealer be charging for a stock '05 Wide Glide with the same miles and condition? Like was said before, if you were trading that bike in, they wouldn't give you a dime extra for all of the work but they are willing to profit off of it. With that being said, if this is the style you like you could save a lot buying this one vs. upgrading a stock bike. I'd say if you got for $10k out the door it would be a good deal.

Quick Reply: Good price?