Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:12 PM
claytonhornyak
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by art0565
The bag is really cool, it's not very big but if i wanted big bags i would've kept my bagger, there is a bracket that mounts to the belt guard mounting holes and it could be a pain to do, but all in all it's not bad to install

It appears your bag is mounted higher than in harley davidson's advertisement. I just mounted mine and it looks the same as yours. Why doesn't it look as low and into the bike as harley's advertisement?

Old 12-30-2011, 09:42 AM
BoozerHi
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible you mounted the bracket upside down?

Old 12-30-2011, 03:12 PM
claytonhornyak
Stage III

Originally Posted by BoozerHi
Is it possible you mounted the bracket upside down?
I don't think so...I double checked the instructions. I was in at the dealership today and they were no help!

Old 12-30-2011, 03:58 PM
claytonhornyak
Stage III

Originally Posted by claytonhornyak
I don't think so...I double checked the instructions. I was in at the dealership today and they were no help!
this is what I am talking about. I think I am just going to modify the bracket that came with the bag rather than go thru the hassel of contacting harley...

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570-bb.jpg  
Old 03-14-2012, 09:26 AM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an older post, but ...is anyone else using this bag? I'm thinking about getting one for my SGC, but I have concearns about the mounting. As some here have noted ...the bag mounts higher on the bike than the one in the picture on the H-D web site. I'm wondering if the picture on the web site is just a picture of a "mock-up" ...and the actual mount is different than the picture.

Also ...anyone have any problems with this bag getting in the way of getting reaching the kick-stand bar?

Thanks

Old 03-14-2012, 02:21 PM
pthauvet
Cruiser

Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
I know this is an older post, but ...is anyone else using this bag? I'm thinking about getting one for my SGC, but I have concearns about the mounting. As some here have noted ...the bag mounts higher on the bike than the one in the picture on the H-D web site. I'm wondering if the picture on the web site is just a picture of a "mock-up" ...and the actual mount is different than the picture.

Also ...anyone have any problems with this bag getting in the way of getting reaching the kick-stand bar?

Thanks
AK,

I am just about to put this bag back on tonight as I am done with my winter project, I will take pics of the bracket and of the bag once installed....

I have a -1" kickstand with an extension and it does not get in the way...it is a bit harder to reach, but to your point, must be even harder to reach if you have the standard kick-stand and no extention.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:32 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pthauvet
AK,

I am just about to put this bag back on tonight as I am done with my winter project, I will take pics of the bracket and of the bag once installed....

I have a -1" kickstand with an extension and it does not get in the way...it is a bit harder to reach, but to your point, must be even harder to reach if you have the standard kick-stand and no extention.
+1

Ok, I am not into bags or anything else out of the minimalist theme but this bag has got my interest peaked. Can't wait to see your photos!!!

Please take some from different angles and also with the bag open so we can see how much space is in there. Maybe how many cans of beer can fit or if any cans of beer can fit?

Are you gonna post those pics tonight?

Thanks bro!

Old 03-14-2012, 03:35 PM
pthauvet
Cruiser

yes i am....with beer cans in (germans)

Old 03-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one on my 07 SB. Sorry, no pics. Yes, it's small. Easy to mount but the stupid webbelts HD supplies and their buckles take up far too much of the limited interior space and everything you try to put in or take out catches on them.

I pulled those suckers and mine is now fastened with the stock lower bracket and zip ties. Works great and take up NO space inside!

Old 03-14-2012, 04:06 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pthauvet
yes i am....with beer cans in (germans)
I hope it holds a few cans. It will at least take a load off my back. Anyone ever ridden with a 12 pack strapped to their back will feel me!

Quick Reply: Dyna Swingarm Bag / 90200570