Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Street Bob Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 01:03 PM
TheBlackWolf
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Street Bob Upgrades

Hello!

I've been considering changing some things on my Street Bob, and this site has been great for research. I am now at the point that I have a couple questions. Here is what I am considering:

SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner Kit (the round multi-fit)
SE Street Performance Tuner Kit
Vance and Hines Shortshots Staggered (or Sideshots)
Quiet Baffles

My Questions: First, am I going lose power anywhere by doing this? Let's say this is all installed properly, the tune done correctly, some people report loss of power or torque somewhere in the band. Anyone experience this or have any advice?

Second: I really like the look of both the shortshots and the sideshots. The sideshots being more expensive, I'm hoping they are indeed better for mild power gain. Anyone confirm this or contradict this with experience? (I do also like the sideshots a bit better aesthetically.)

I'm not looking to make a racing bike, but I don't want my bike to become anemic because I want it to look and sound cool. Low end response I think is more important to me than top end power, but I'm stating to split hairs a bit. Bike is currently stock.

Thanks very much for any help!

Old 08-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Tuning the bike with a full exhaust system you are going to add a lot of hp and tq over stock, while smoothing out the power band and making it come on harder sooner. That will be a great setup. Though I would pry recommend a full are intake such as a Roland Sands Designs or Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather for added power over the Stage 1 air filter change.

You might see a few more lbs of tq or horses with a 2-into-1 exhaust system over a true dual system but nothing you would notice riding the bike. More for people chasing numbers or racing the bike. I have the V&H Big Radius 2into2 and tuned with HD race tuner on the dyno and the bike is completely different now. Faster and smoother. You are going to love it!

Old 08-01-2012, 01:35 PM
rdmption
Cruiser

id go with sidesshots, PC over the SE tuner, and something subtle like a stage 1 - im not sure how i feel about that massive volcano of a filter.

In terms of power and its consistency, the set up you're considering is super mild so just enjoy the sound.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:30 PM
TheBlackWolf
2nd Gear

Thanks for the advice folks! Mild is what I'm going for. I like the idea of the heavy breather, but to me something round like what I have listed looks more... bobberish...

Rdmption, did you mean the PCV EX? Looking into it...

Old 08-01-2012, 02:59 PM
FlatBlack12Bobber
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TheBlackWolf
Thanks for the advice folks! Mild is what I'm going for. I like the idea of the heavy breather, but to me something round like what I have listed looks more... bobberish...

Rdmption, did you mean the PCV EX? Looking into it...
Roland Sands has a lot of the round high flow ones that look sick....I got the SE heavy on mine and I love it though

Old 08-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Jr Bob Dobbs
Cruiser

I just completed a stage 1 upgrade on my 11 sb black V&H 2 into 1 big radius PC 5 Arlen Ness big sucker. Bike runs so much better now you 'll be suprised. Call the guys at fuel moto.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Prodriverdon
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on FuelMoto,Contact them for the best bang for the $. You will not be sorry........

Old 08-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior

SE stage one AC, PC-V (go with the powervision from Fuelmoto) and side shots with big city thunder baffles. I did not lose power, but did pick up enough to notice. I've had slip on's, two different 2-1 exhaust and now the side shots. Never noticed much power difference between all of them (most people will preach you get huge differences, I'd be shocked if they all were within 1-2 horsepower of each other though.)

And...I like the looks of the side shots and sound with the BCT baffles the best out of all them!

Old 08-01-2012, 07:53 PM
TheBlackWolf
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Vinsil
SE stage one AC, PC-V (go with the powervision from Fuelmoto) and side shots with big city thunder baffles. I did not lose power, but did pick up enough to notice. I've had slip on's, two different 2-1 exhaust and now the side shots. Never noticed much power difference between all of them (most people will preach you get huge differences, I'd be shocked if they all were within 1-2 horsepower of each other though.)

And...I like the looks of the side shots and sound with the BCT baffles the best out of all them!

Vinsil, sweet looking bike. It's starting to sound like my main variable is the tuner, I'll look into powervision.

What's the cover on your AC from? Looks nice and simple, but not like the one that HD sells (unless my eyes fail me, they do that on occasion)... it's the look I'm going for!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior

I made the cover. It is the center cut out of a "football" style cover off a nighttrain. It was first done by Mud, I can't take credit for the idea. It was pretty easy to do, just took some time. Thanks for the compliment.

Quick Reply: 2012 Street Bob Upgrades