Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about PowerVision

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 12:52 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Questions about PowerVision

So I emailed Fuel Moto about this question, but I am impatient and wanted to see if I could get an answer quicker here.....

Got some extra $$$ and wanted to upgrade my fuel tuner. I am pretty much sold on the PV, but I dont have my stock O2 sensors anymore and wanted to know do I need those to run the PV?

If so, could I just purchase the wide band O2 sensors and run those for now anticipating future upgrades?

Thanks for the inputs!

Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Go to the Fuel Moto site and check to see what size bung you will need on your pipes for the O2 sensors.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:46 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by WideGlideFever
So I emailed Fuel Moto about this question, but I am impatient and wanted to see if I could get an answer quicker here.....

Got some extra $$$ and wanted to upgrade my fuel tuner. I am pretty much sold on the PV, but I dont have my stock O2 sensors anymore and wanted to know do I need those to run the PV?

If so, could I just purchase the wide band O2 sensors and run those for now anticipating future upgrades?

Thanks for the inputs!
Jamie from Fuel moto will respond pretty fast. Your pipes should have 12 mm bungs or 18 mm bungs. If you have 12 mm, I would stick with the standard Narrow Band O2 sensors. If you have the 18 mm bungs you can run the Wide Band sensors and you can work the PV use the Pro level Autotune method, or if you like, buy a pair of inexpensive 18 mm to 12 mm bushing adapters and use Narrow Band O2 sensors. This is what I am doing right now and once I get my tune as good as I can with the NB sensors, I plan on buying the WB sensors and can further improve my tune.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:48 PM
markrumsfield
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some one can correct me if I am wrong but I dont think the stock ecm will run closed loop with wideband sensors. PowerVision unit uses wideband sensors to collect data only so the bike is running in open loop when you are tunning with the pro version then when you are done tunning you would go back to narrow band sensors. If you ditched your stock sensors and dont have them anymore I wound go with a PC5 and then if you want to do auto tune with that you can run a PC5 with wide band sensors full time, or get it dialed in and plug your o2 bungs like you have it now.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:06 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by markrumsfield
Some one can correct me if I am wrong but I dont think the stock ecm will run closed loop with wideband sensors. PowerVision unit uses wideband sensors to collect data only so the bike is running in open loop when you are tunning with the pro version then when you are done tunning you would go back to narrow band sensors. If you ditched your stock sensors and dont have them anymore I wound go with a PC5 and then if you want to do auto tune with that you can run a PC5 with wide band sensors full time, or get it dialed in and plug your o2 bungs like you have it now.
All right about the PV but I would add that most Wide Band users probably do not go back to the Narrow Band but just run in Open Loop all the time. The advantage is that you are not restricted to keeping your AFR/Lambda fuel ratio right at Stoich(14.7 AFR, 1.0 Lambda) in the cruise range which most folks feel is still too lean even for cruising. If you have done a good job using the info from the WB sensors, you will have a very good tune and there will be no compelling reason to run in Closed Loop with the NB sensors.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:00 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

You guys are way over my head with the technical data, I am going to give Jamie a call tomorrow and see what he recommends.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:03 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

Originally Posted by markrumsfield
I understand what your saying about the PC5, but the main reason I am going for the PV is that I can flash my ECM and leave nothing on the bike. If I need to order the stock O2 sensors, I will just got that route.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:56 PM
markrumsfield
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WideGlideFever
I understand what your saying about the PC5, but the main reason I am going for the PV is that I can flash my ECM and leave nothing on the bike. If I need to order the stock O2 sensors, I will just got that route.

Yeah that is the main reason I went with Powervision. There is Powervision thread in the tunning/ecm forum that you can check out. It has a ton of usefull info.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:26 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

Well I went ahead and ordered the PV today, very excited! Should be here by Friday or Saturday. I also had to order my O2 sensors, not sure if there was another option other than going with the dealer, but thats who I ordered them from.