Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bct

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 02:46 PM
MidevilX68
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bct

Got my big city thunder org baffles today I can't wait to put them in the Vance and Hines big shots staggered hope it wakes it up a little I have the standard v/h baffles in now there going on my 2013 fat bob will I have to remap the power commander 5 or should it be fine I also have the s/e heavy breather with the down load from power commander for the v/h withe heavy breather with baffles or should I remap it with out baffles

Old 09-05-2013, 03:51 PM
atco
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....??,,, there you go

Old 09-05-2013, 04:33 PM
socialoutcast
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MidevilX68
Got my big city thunder org baffles today I can't wait to put them in the Vance and Hines big shots staggered hope it wakes it up a little I have the standard v/h baffles in now there going on my 2013 fat bob will I have to remap the power commander 5 or should it be fine I also have the s/e heavy breather with the down load from power commander for the v/h withe heavy breather with baffles or should I remap it with out baffles
You may need to do some fine adjusting for decel pop but other than that your tune should be ok.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:55 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I put them in my BSS and it actually got rid of what decel pop I had and I have a stage 1 with a SERT and did not retune. They sound a lot better too!

Last edited by blacknsilver; 09-05-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:31 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you get the QQ's or the standards?? Here's my experience with the short shots. I bought the QQ's and regretted it instantly the first ride. I lost a lot of power the bike was gutless, and sounded like crap. Others have said otherwise, but maybe it's my short pipes and moving it up the 6 inches they say too is to much. Plus they had some jetsons car pop to them at idle. That lasted a day and then I cut off the QQ part of the baffle, which basically made it the standard monster baffle. A million times better. I definitely felt the torque and 6th gear was a lot more usable at 60mph. Very happy with them. Loud as hellllllll!!! And sounded great, but when I **** and let off the throttle I had a to me kind of annoying decel pop but was decel pop. Shifting between 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd I let off the throttle and it sounded like the old school drag pipes. So I saw 128auto's thread and cut my stock baffle enough to be a 1/2 inch away from the BCT. That popping noise is gone, but not as loud as it was with BCT's only. I kind of miss it, but that popping I couldn't deal with. It is still loud though. Maybe if I get an auto tune for my PCV will fix it. But for now I'll keep it this way. And I did not remap.

Last edited by JaronB; 09-05-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:15 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's with the QQ's out of the box before I cut them. Very raspy and just didn't sound good at all. The video doesn't capture the rasp very well, but you can hear the space ship bubbly sound.

Here's with the QQ's cut back into monster baffles. Has a good lope but that pop when I let off the throttle got old after a week.

Here's with the BCT's and the cut down stock baffles. Still lopes and a little deeper, just not as loud. But still pretty loud. If I was to do it over again I would just weld in my own Lollypop to the front of the stock baffle. Might try it on a buddy's fat bob.

Last edited by JaronB; 09-05-2013 at 07:25 PM.