Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Experience Samson USA Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 06:30 PM
rooster02
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad Experience Samson USA Exhaust

Purchased directly, a Samson Power Flow III for my FLD in November 2012. September 2013, the rear exhaust pipe severed at the weld to the collector. This occurred while under the warranty period. I obtained a RA, shipping the exhaust system to their new location in Sturgis, at my cost. Having not received an email, note, phone call - nothing; I contacted their new offices January 22, 2014 inquiring about my exhaust. Jake, Samson USA phone contact on January 22, reviewed the photos I had submitted for the RA, stating the pipe failed at the weld. Jake advised he would speak to a Supervisor about the situation. I have yet to receive a call, note, email, nothing. BE AWARE of Samson USA and their "warranty".

Old 02-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Warrior 72
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That stinks, let us know if they do the right thing.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:24 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

I keep hearing about issues with samson exhaust lately. I won't be purchasing any of their exhaust.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:33 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

its pretty **** poor when a product is under warranty, and the company wont take responsibility and standby its product for defects in the manufacturing process.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rooster02
Purchased directly, a Samson Power Flow III for my FLD in November 2012. September 2013, the rear exhaust pipe severed at the weld to the collector. This occurred while under the warranty period. I obtained a RA, shipping the exhaust system to their new location in Sturgis, at my cost. Having not received an email, note, phone call - nothing; I contacted their new offices January 22, 2014 inquiring about my exhaust. Jake, Samson USA phone contact on January 22, reviewed the photos I had submitted for the RA, stating the pipe failed at the weld. Jake advised he would speak to a Supervisor about the situation. I have yet to receive a call, note, email, nothing. BE AWARE of Samson USA and their "warranty".
Hi Rooster02,
I'm not sure how the ball got dropped on this with your warranty and I apologize for that. This is the first time I have heard about your issue but I can assure you that if your system was still under warranty we will be replacing it. That system has a 1 year warranty so I have forwarded this information directly to everyone there in the office as I am in Ohio right now for the VTwin Expo.

Can you please do me a favor and private message me the name you purchased it under so I can make sure this gets prompt attention?

Thank you,
Brian White

Old 02-07-2014, 04:32 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the defense of Samson my last few bikes I ran them ... never a issue and they were easy to work with.

Sounds like maybe your way of comunication and theres got broken some place. I dunno but no one is perfect. And IMO no need to publicly bash a company for that.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Flickerdart1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like a case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing ---- and probably not caring !
Five months is way too long to wait for warranty service regardless of the excuses offered !
Personally , I do not see a Samson product in my future. .:...

Old 02-07-2014, 09:48 PM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ramhunter9
And IMO no need to publicly bash a company for that.
Seems like airing his/her concerns was the only way to get Samson's attention. It worked.

And I agree with the other posts... I'll never consider a Sampson product after reading about this example of horrible customer service.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:11 PM
rooster02
Novice

Update: Samson USA did come through this past Friday. I received a new PowerFlow III Exhaust system, complete in the box. After the “Samson_tech” from this forum got involved, resolution was put in motion and communication channels were kept open during the process after catching his attention. I must say, a new replacement was better than a repair on the returned system. I wanted to give credit where due to the Samson_Tech and his assistance.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:49 PM
Shizims
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rooster02 - don't want to kick a dead hoarse thread, but I really like the look and sound of the Power Flow III I'd like to know how that replacement pipe is working out for you?

Quick Reply: Bad Experience Samson USA Exhaust