Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,147 Likes on 3,797 Posts

Thanks XNight. You and the other members on this forum have been very helpful. I am planning on having the Stage One done when I buy the bike.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:22 PM
saddlebag
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
Thanks XNight. You and the other members on this forum have been very helpful. I am planning on having the Stage One done when I buy the bike.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

From what I understand, like Xknight said, the standard warranty (per the act linked above) is pretty solid unless the servicing mechanic can prove conclusively that some component you added caused your problem.

OTOH, I've also read from reputable mechanics that extended warranties are not covered by the act and may be nullified by aftermarket parts whether or not there exists any proof they caused the problem.

In either case, if you do a Harley Stage 1 with nothing but Harley parts, I can't see how they could deny either warranty.

I believe that Harley has a 2 year standard warranty. I'd buy the parts I want. As much as I ride, if an infant mortality problem were going to crop up, it'd most likely crop up during the standard warranty. I wouldn't bother with an extended warranty. YMMV.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:13 PM
frontporchblues
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Post some pics when you get a chance, frontporchblues.
Not the best picture... but there she is on the left.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

"I believe that Harley has a 2 year standard warranty. I'd buy the parts I want. As much as I ride, if an infant mortality problem were going to crop up, it'd most likely crop up during the standard warranty. I wouldn't bother with an extended warranty."

My thoughts exactly, saddlebag. Any lurking problems are going to show themselves early on. I have owned 9 bikes to date and none of them ever had any issues. Every TV, VCR, DVD player, or stereo I bought was always offered with an extended warranty. Never bought any extended warranties based on the same principle: any problems are going to show themselves within the original warranty period.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Very nice, frontporchblues! What is that wind screen you have on it? That is exactly the kind I was thinking of.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:23 PM
frontporchblues
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice, frontporchblues! What is that wind screen you have on it? That is exactly the kind I was thinking of.
Its the harley quarter fairing with the bung king 49mm mount kits and harley quick release. The windshield is a RoadDawg. Not as 'perfect' fit as I would like, but close.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:14 AM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Nice ride frontporchblues, and like the fairing. Looks good

Old 06-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

The quarter faring looks really good and provides some wind protection. It is the only thing I will add other than doing the Stage 1. Still looking into oil coolers.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:51 AM
nvtorretto
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do any of you know where to buy extended cables for the new lowrider?

Old 06-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Heli-Tim
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I've kind of asked this question as part of another thread, but thought that I might get more information here...

To the Low Rider owners: How hard is it to get the low rider "upright" from the kickstand position(say in comparison to a dyna glide)? (I'm not a puss, I have a spinal injury...and I'm a bit of a puss, haha)

Thanks for any input.

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider