Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 10:52 AM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,039 Likes on 1,894 Posts

Originally Posted by 14LowLow
Thanks Ike, I needed to acquire more room and comfort for the woman and I. We like to take 500-1500 mile trips often and the Dyna was beating her up pretty bad. I did all I could to make it comfy but at the end of the day she urged me to get something bigger. I've never felt so torn! My girl is telling me to buy a new bike but I loved my LR! If they come out with a CVO model in the future, I'll have one in my garage for fun times solo, until then, I love have a partner riding on the tail during long road trips.
Low Low,
am curious, do you have the stock seat on your LR, after 1 short ride my wife said the seat had to go. installed a sundowner, have been on a couple 2k mile trips with it since.
still I see where you are coming from as the RK does have a lot more storage capacity.
I also enjoy having my wife go with me so you have to do what ever makes her comfortable also.
ride safe and many happy miles.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:35 AM
14LowLow
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Freeze,
We tried the sundowner as well and it was a huge upgrade to stock. She enjoyed it. I also put in some adjustable peg extensions so she could stretch and relax. I think what ultimately made her want something different was a trip her and I took with my dad. She ended up on the back of his Ultra and since then she's been spoiled! I'm just glad she's awesome enough to be open to other touring bikes, I'm not ready to go the ultra route and have always loved the RK's looks. You're right, if we want them to go along and enjoy the ride we have to make our women comfortable as well. I see it as a blessing to have them, not all wives tolerate our two wheeled passion and even less will get on the back for 1000+ miles lol.
I gotta say, I'm loving the storage, I used to strap a bag to my bike then carry it around. Locking saddles make a world of difference!

forgot to mention, we like it so much that we ordered a sundowner for the RK haha.

Last edited by 14LowLow; 07-18-2017 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Additional text
Old 07-19-2017, 12:22 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,115 Likes on 3,789 Posts

The oil switch part my dealer ordered on 7-8-17 is still not in 11 days later. Is this normal? Cannot say that I like the problems I have had with my LR so far:

Ignition replacement
Battery that did not make it 2 years
Horn bracket that fractured
Oil switch + cable that broke

Still love my LR but not enjoying the forgoing.

Old 07-19-2017, 02:51 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,373 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanRunner
Hmmm, I'll have to pay more attention to the timing of the condensation. In my case it's definitively not from a cool garage as it will happen well into a hot weather ride. However, now I'm wondering if it could occur after I refuel with cool underground fuel, but I don't think so. It does happen while riding in hot direct sun.
Condensation occurs when you go from a cool environment to a warmer environment. Humidity only makes it worse.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:18 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 586 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikelove
The oil switch part my dealer ordered on 7-8-17 is still not in 11 days later. Is this normal? Cannot say that I like the problems I have had with my LR so far:

Ignition replacement
Battery that did not make it 2 years
Horn bracket that fractured
Oil switch + cable that broke

Still love my LR but not enjoying the forgoing.
Guess I'll consider myself lucky so far...only real issue I dealt with was the shift lever walking itself off the shifter shaft so much that it was stripped, had to replace under warranty. That and I was...enthusiastic, let's say...with the newfound power compared to my tired old 88ci WG that the stock rear tire barely lasted me 5k miles...that's my fault though

Should probably go find some wood to knock on...

Bonus - probably the millionth picture I've taken of it. Happy with where the bike is right now. Needs the fairing painted, still, and I would really love to open the taps on this 103 to coax some more go out of it...

Old 07-20-2017, 11:08 AM
ucbruce
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Guess I'll consider myself lucky so far...only real issue I dealt with was the shift lever walking itself off the shifter shaft so much that it was stripped, had to replace under warranty. That and I was...enthusiastic, let's say...with the newfound power compared to my tired old 88ci WG that the stock rear tire barely lasted me 5k miles...that's my fault though

Should probably go find some wood to knock on...

Bonus - probably the millionth picture I've taken of it. Happy with where the bike is right now. Needs the fairing painted, still, and I would really love to open the taps on this 103 to coax some more go out of it...

I have a Stage IV in my bagger and I can't imagine what it would be like in the LR. Stage I is pretty good, I have 95 ft. lbs of torque and I'm getting 45 MPG...

Old 07-22-2017, 11:28 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Still no word from my dealer on the status of the oil pressure cable/switch parts that they ordered for me 2 weeks ago. So, I call the dealer and get some idiot in service. Not the service manager but some kid who had trouble locating my service order. He transferred me to the parts dept even after I told him it was not a parts dept issue.

After wasting 5 minutes talking to the parts guy who tells me it was a service order, I get sent back to the idiot in the service department. Idiot then fumbles around a few more minutes. My call played out similar to the old Abbott and Costello routine "Whose On First."

Finally, I just ask to speak to the service manager who tells me the parts were in and I was scheduled for service next week. Told him I never received any calls about the parts or the appointment.

There are only two people at the dealership who I can say know what is going on. The service manager and the senior mechanic. I am seriously considering going to another dealer who is a lot farther away to at least buy my next bike.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:15 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

After a week of no riding due to hot weather and rain, got a nice little 40 mile ride in Sat. Looks like Mon will allow for a ride to work. And Tues, I have an appointment at the dealership to get my new oil pressure parts installed.

Seen many reports that sales continue to slump and HD slowing down production. Will be interesting to see if my dealer wants to make a deal.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:41 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,373 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Dealers are blowing out everything on the floor right now around here. (Including M8's)

Maybe something "special" in the pipeline coming for 2018?

Old 07-24-2017, 12:10 PM
JJMillard
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello from Northern England near the scottish border, I have a 2014 LR in black/amber whiskey bought it on a whim as it was equivalent to $9400 with 900 miles on it, turns out I love it, amazing bike done a stage 1 with SB 2-2 exhaust and homebrew A/C ...and painted some of the ginger colour scheme to gloss black, thanks for the join what a wealth of info.

yep im a Redwings fan..

Quick Reply: 2014 Low Rider