General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG Road Captain ?s

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 05:37 PM
mermaidbiker08
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HOG Road Captain ?s

Question what your HOG's road captain requirements are to get your RC rocker? How many rides(does your group have a set # of rides you must take), who decides when a member can get their rocker, how long (time line) is required, if any, what is the average time to get your RC rocker? Are rules set by Harley or who? TIA

Last edited by mermaidbiker08; 03-20-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: spell
Old 03-20-2011, 06:10 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

surely a fine organization like HOG has lots of generals, colonels, and majors that could answer your question. submit the proper request form in triplicate and someone will get back to you. road captain must be a pretty cushy job or they would have an enlisted man doing it.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm pretty sure I could walk into a dealership and just buy one out of their display case from one of the little chickies who can't tell a rocker from deep center field. And I haven't been a member of hog since the free membership with bike purchase expired 4 years ago.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:08 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hog guys to stuck up to talk to a new guy here
all they do is sit around till 1:30 or 2:30 before they get around to doing sumpthin
hay get away from the bikes
so u think i am guna pay money fur dat

Old 03-21-2011, 11:26 AM
an Uncouth Barbarian
Road Warrior
Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by jandlcars
Hog guys to stuck up to talk to a new guy here
all they do is sit around till 1:30 or 2:30 before they get around to doing sumpthin
hay get away from the bikes
so u think i am guna pay money fur dat
Are we going to ride, or are we going to dick around all day?
Never been a member, never will be.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:10 PM
RutRoo
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If your not a HOG member it does not matter.. If you are a HOG member ask the Road Captain.. The same goes with any club, group or loosely organized religion..

Old 03-21-2011, 01:20 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't believe there is any one given "requirement" and varies according to what the chapter has set up in their bylaws. HOG chapters are weird animals. I have belonged to several and some were terrible as they talk more than ride, or are so political that it makes me want to vomit.

I belong to one right now that is actually pretty good. Very active riding program and the dealer does a lot to support the chapter. For RC certification in this particular chapter:

1) Needs to have previous riding experience. The "rule of thumb" is no less than 10000 miles riding on a motorcycle within the last 3 years.

2) Must attend ERC and chapter requires attendance once every 5 years.

3) Must either be current in Basic Accident Management or have a current Red Cross (or other recognized agency) Basic First Aid certification. Certification to be kept current.

4) Must sweep a ride under evaluation.

5) Must plan, brief, and lead a ride under evaluation.

6) RC's are expected to as a minimum either lead or sweep a ride every 6 months. Most of the RC's do considerably more than that.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowRain
I don't believe there is any one given "requirement" and varies according to what the chapter has set up in their bylaws. HOG chapters are weird animals. I have belonged to several and some were terrible as they talk more than ride, or are so political that it makes me want to vomit.

I belong to one right now that is actually pretty good. Very active riding program and the dealer does a lot to support the chapter. For RC certification in this particular chapter:

1) Needs to have previous riding experience. The "rule of thumb" is no less than 10000 miles riding on a motorcycle within the last 3 years.

2) Must attend ERC and chapter requires attendance once every 5 years.

3) Must either be current in Basic Accident Management or have a current Red Cross (or other recognized agency) Basic First Aid certification. Certification to be kept current.

4) Must sweep a ride under evaluation.

5) Must plan, brief, and lead a ride under evaluation.

6) RC's are expected to as a minimum either lead or sweep a ride every 6 months. Most of the RC's do considerably more than that.
7) Must crave authority and look awesome carrying a clipboard and whistle... :-)

Old 03-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Hamburglar
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hog road captain???? really???

Old 03-28-2011, 03:13 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamburglar
hog road captain???? really???
That made chuckle, Hamburglar! Who'd a thunk it, eh? That knowledge is beyond my pay grade.

Quick Reply: HOG Road Captain ?s