General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW HDFS Payment Rules.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 09:10 AM
JonV
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weezer_nd
Effective February 9, 2012, all Harley-Davidson Credit customers will be required to login to MyHDFS.com for making online payments to your loan. This process change maximizes our ability to protect your personal account information through the use of increased security and authentication measures.
PLEASE NOTE: This change will not affect existing recurring payment customers. Your recurring payment will continue to process as scheduled until you stop it or your loan is paid off in full. This change only impacts customers that make one-time payments through DirectPay.

READ THE LAST LINE

Using your banks billpay service, is not the same as using the HDFS
website.
Read the First Line requiring you to log on to HDFS which eliminates your Bank Bill Pay...... The last line clarifies that it does not effect current scheduled payment customers. I prefer not to give them Debit access.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:11 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

no one ever said Harley was fair to deal with

Old 01-28-2012, 10:57 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I wish I was on a fixed income. Then I wouldn't have to worry about increased deductions, pay cuts, or getting laid off. Your fixed income is probably pretty good if you can buy things like a Harley so quit whining.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:02 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It's difficult to start a thread without everyone jumping in your **** anymore.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:18 PM
garand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JonV
Another poster who hasn't seen the new terms.... you can no longer use your banks Billpay system... as of Feb 9th, if you pay on line you are "REQUIRED" t use the HDFS Websiteand, set a specific regular debit payment date or pay the fee. And, anyone with half a Brain that Borrows Money or seeks a Credit Card will shop around for the best terms, it's called doing business. Credit is a necessary evil in these times, so in my mind if your going to have it, get the best terms you can. Did you just take the first Mortgage offered to you, or did you shop it out? Did you apply for a 12.9% Chase Card or the 7.9% Simmons card.... Oh, I have the 7.9% Simmons Card... I guess I'm a Brainless Cheap Dick.

It astounds me how many folks accept terms and believe they are helpless
Okay, so write a check. Boo Freakin hoo! Either way, I don't finance or use credit cards. Gee how do I survive living a life in Europe and travelling without a credit card!?!

Old 01-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Moops
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Occupy Harley Davidson...coming to a dealership near you.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:04 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Old 01-28-2012, 04:05 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by Moops
Occupy Harley Davidson...coming to a dealership near you.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Occup...68621283232420

Last edited by schumacher; 01-28-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:41 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I think a little revollt is in order here, Harley Davidson Financial Services Just changed it's rules. I owe about a grand on my 09 FXD and have always made my payments via my Bank account at no charge. Now you are required to pay through the HDFS website, unless I sign up for Direct Scheduled Payments (no service fee) through the HDFS site, there will be a 6 dollar charge made when I pay through them. A I am on a fixed Income and prefer a bit of flexibility on my payment schedule. So it looks like I'll just go back to writing a paper check at my convenience. Which is more Labor and time for the Bank... I just don't get it. Has Greed just taken over. Your thoughts??
If you have been making your electronic payments thru your bank you can continue to do that. The change only affects those that used the HDFSI website to make payments, and the change is that you would now have to login before making the payment.
Seems like you would be unaffected by this change.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:44 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Read the First Line requiring you to log on to HDFS which eliminates your Bank Bill Pay...... The last line clarifies that it does not effect current scheduled payment customers. I prefer not to give them Debit access.
Effective February 9, 2012, all Harley-Davidson Credit customers will be required to login to MyHDFS.com for making online payments to your loan. This process change maximizes our ability to protect your personal account information through the use of increased security and authentication measures.
unless i'm mistaken (which never happens ), using your banks billpay is not the same as an 'online payment'..... sounds to me like they are just trying to better protect your personally identifiable information (pii) by having you log in, as opposed to just clicking on a 'make payment' link.

i don't see a problem. and you know, you could always just call them to verify. i'm sure they'll be able to tell you better than any one of us could.

Last edited by skratch; 01-28-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Quick Reply: NEW HDFS Payment Rules.....