General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Beads vs Ride-on tire sealant

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:54 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Dyna Beads vs Ride-on tire sealant

Which is better at wheel balancing? If they both balance equally, then the advantage goes to Ride-on for the extra tire sealant protection.

Would like to get rid of my wheel weights on the next set of tires. I ride with tubes so understand that sealants don't work as well as if it were tubeless. But hoping some tire installers are on this board who have experience with both.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:57 AM
tjae
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know anything about Ride-on, but Dyna beads are kewl. They work good.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:00 AM
JakesDad1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put Ride-On in my tires and ditched the weights. Smoothest ride ever!

Old 04-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Between the two, you'd think the Ride-on would be better because it balances out and stays put - plus seals your tire.

The shop where I go had the Ride-on, but I went with nothing (just the thought of all that gunk in my tire I suppose). The tire balanced nuts-on with no weights either way and rides smooth as glass at 70.

The older guy who mounted my tire was of the belief that you can put weights on all day long and it doesn't make any difference.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:57 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

How does the ride on work? Do you just squeeze it in there and then air up the tire? How long does it take to get slung around in the tire enough to balance it?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:54 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
How does the ride on work? Do you just squeeze it in there and then air up the tire? How long does it take to get slung around in the tire enough to balance it?
www.ride-on.com

I bought 3 bottle and am going to install it this weekend. Seems pretty simple and the video of the motorcycle running over a string of nails and the tire not leaking was enough for me to give it a try.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

We put Dyna beads in virtually all of our wheels that we sell, but our tech has the ride on in his tires. He siad it works great. I have not ridden his bike so I cannot comment on it but all our shop bikes have the Dyna bead sand it si like riding on glass. The whole idea of dynamic wheel balancing is constantly challenged, however after running the beads for several years they rock. My tire life is excellent with them and the bike rides smooth as glass.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Fuzzman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking the same barjbar. Do you have to break the tire down, or just deflate it?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:31 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuzzman
I'm thinking the same barjbar. Do you have to break the tire down, or just deflate it?
They give you a little tool to remove the thingy in the tire stem and the tire deflates. You squeeze in the ride on through a tube into the tire, put the stem thingy back, and inflate the tire. Ride around for about 10 minutes and you're done. They have a video on their web site.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:50 AM
WanaRyd Wheels
Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts

We have used dyna beads for about 2 years now and have had great success with them - highly recommend!

WanaRyd Motorcycle
1-888-926-2793

Quick Reply: Dyna Beads vs Ride-on tire sealant