Sponsored by:

Street Canon Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 05:04 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,544 Likes on 4,431 Posts
Default Street Canon Warranty

whew, close one, started my bike up this morning, left canon baffle rattling..ran down to dealership, they listened, had 1 in stock and put a new one on under warranty..2 weeks away from the 1 year warranty expiring..my buddy had his Canons fail twice under warranty and just recently had V&H Monster Rounds put on instead of going for a 3rd set..he had to pay the difference but they sound great...Service manager said they have seen their fair share of these workmanship failures or whatever the problem is on the M8 Canons..thing is they perform really well and the sound has grown on me so hope they hold together for many years, if not then I won't be getting another set..Kerker Slash or Monster Rounds and a retune next time..the 'baffling' thing is (pun intended) the one's I'm seeing fail is the left side..but SM said they have seen rs one's fail too

Last edited by mjwebb; 10-14-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:20 PM
AFSOC_Commando
Tourer
Received 134 Likes on 88 Posts

Had my left Street Cannon baffle start rattling after 6 weeks on the bike! It was replaced but it took a bit to get them to replace it!

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (10-14-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 05:36 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

is this a materials or assembly issue . i see they're made in the USA so i'm rather surprised at these problems popping up .

Old 10-14-2017, 05:43 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Weird that the left one bombed out since barely anything comes out of that side with the stock head pipe. Maybe you can get the right side to rattle in these next 2 weeks before warranty expires...wink wink.

mjwebb (10-14-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 06:22 PM
Harttoo
Road Master

Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

My left baffle came loose at 1K miles.Got a warranty replacement and sold on ebay.Went back to stock exhaust.This has happened to many.I wouldn't trust that the new one holds up!

mjwebb (10-14-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 08:34 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harttoo
My left baffle came loose at 1K miles.Got a warranty replacement and sold on ebay.Went back to stock exhaust.This has happened to many.I wouldn't trust that the new one holds up!
I'm not holding my breath it will hold up..was already thinking of perhaps putting the stock mufflers back on for a try in that event, and removing that plug/obstruction, wtf it is in the core..might just play nicely with my tune removing some restriction..who knows, cross that bridge if/when the time comes

Old 10-15-2017, 12:16 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Shoot are they made at HD or a KRZilman part ?

Old 10-15-2017, 06:50 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
whew, close one, started my bike up this morning, left canon baffle rattling..ran down to dealership, they listened, had 1 in stock and put a new one on under warranty..2 weeks away from the 1 year warranty expiring..my buddy had his Canons fail twice under warranty and just recently had V&H Monster Rounds put on instead of going for a 3rd set..he had to pay the difference but they sound great...Service manager said they have seen their fair share of these workmanship failures or whatever the problem is on the M8 Canons..thing is they perform really well and the sound has grown on me so hope they hold together for many years, if not then I won't be getting another set..Kerker Slash or Monster Rounds and a retune next time..the 'baffling' thing is (pun intended) the one's I'm seeing fail is the left side..but SM said they have seen rs one's fail too
How many miles on them? I really love my cannons!

Old 10-15-2017, 09:18 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ejvette
How many miles on them? I really love my cannons!
15,400 miles on my bike, but put them on at 2700 miles..i really like them overall..just can't deal with making mufflers part of an annual replacement interval but probably just keep getting freebies if they fail under warranty..once outside that I'm tapping out on them

Old 10-15-2017, 09:59 PM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

What does it sound like? My bike has a strange rattle in the rear but I was thinking I had something loose in the bags.

Quick Reply: Street Canon Warranty