Sponsored by:

SE Street Crapons

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 05:00 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,505 Likes on 4,415 Posts
Default SE Street Crapons

Street Canon Saga, McGyver DIY repair to get home and dealer put new version ones on under warranty. sound same at idle but have a louder, deeper bark to them when opened up..hopefully 3rd time is a charm and they sorted out the QC with their supplier from the early ones..time will tell but for now the price was right..free

The following users liked this post:
Campy Roadie (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 06:21 PM
thereal142
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I've got a slight tinny rattle in my left one from time to time. I bought a set of the new Gen (-A) Cannons but have not installed them yet. Good luck to us!!

Old 06-09-2019, 06:28 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by thereal142
I've got a slight tinny rattle in my left one from time to time. I bought a set of the new Gen (-A) Cannons but have not installed them yet. Good luck to us!!
No ****, thought they might sa
y i failed to service the muffler bearing or something.😜as long as they keep replacing i’m ok but sure as hell won’t buy them again

Old 06-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

MJ,
Buy a set of those new Rinehart DBX 4.5's and let us know how they sound, I'm curious.

mjwebb (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 08:15 PM
anthony_b.
Road Captain
Received 170 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
No ****, thought they might sa
y i failed to service the muffler bearing or something.😜as long as they keep replacing i’m ok but sure as hell won’t buy them again
...M8 didn't have the muffler bearings, they were moved to the converter and also changed to just one bearing instead of two.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:29 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by anthony_b.
...M8 didn't have the muffler bearings, they were moved to the converter and also changed to just one bearing instead of two.
was about the time they switched to synthetic blinker fluid IIRC

Old 06-09-2019, 09:36 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

ok, since this 'event' is over for at least another year anyway..hypothetical questions for those that might know the answer...since my bike was dyno tuned with Street Canons..let's say I have to replace on my dime next time...if I banged the plug out of the stockers would they possibly play nice? bad idea, good idea, can't hurt to just try it and see ? they'd be a tad louder and free flowing cores so guessing they might be close enough, maybe..just read so much here about how sensitive the M8s are to mufflers and tunes etc..I have great low end torque now which I wouldn't want to compromise..so this questions is just for grins..I hope these new Canons hold up because they perform and sound great to me

Old 06-10-2019, 07:45 AM
dwagar
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

I don't know if back pressure affects a Stage 1 bike like it does a cammed bike.

My experience, just about 2 years ago (within 60 days of getting mine), I had the 447 cam put in. I was disappointed with the torque numbers on the dyno. Scouring these threads back then, I read a post by Steve Cole about slip ons. I had V&H Eliminators on. Based on that post I bought a set of Cannons, did another pull on the dyno and got back the 10 pounds of torque I'd been missing.

When I changed last year to the RS468 cam, I asked the head tech if I could put my V&H's back on (because I like the tone of them), he said don't change the slip ons.

mjwebb (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 10:42 AM
Bearcat1
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my Cannons...

Old 06-10-2019, 02:58 PM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by dwagar
I don't know if back pressure affects a Stage 1 bike like it does a cammed bike.

My experience, just about 2 years ago (within 60 days of getting mine), I had the 447 cam put in. I was disappointed with the torque numbers on the dyno. Scouring these threads back then, I read a post by Steve Cole about slip ons. I had V&H Eliminators on. Based on that post I bought a set of Cannons, did another pull on the dyno and got back the 10 pounds of torque I'd been missing.

When I changed last year to the RS468 cam, I asked the head tech if I could put my V&H's back on (because I like the tone of them), he said don't change the slip ons.

The Cannons are one of the very few dresser mufflers that don't lose low end torque. Looks like Harley nailed it on the performance side with them

mjwebb (06-10-2019)

Quick Reply: SE Street Crapons