Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

SF Bay Area Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Newark
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SF Bay Area Dealership

I am looking to buy my first Harley, and I was wondering if you could recommend a SF Bay Area dealership to purchase the bike at a good price. A friend and I are both looking to buy (possibly a third friend too), I would be paying cash for the bike and he would be financing his. It probably doesn't help that we would be buying some of the lower priced bikes (2013 street bob for me, and an iron 883 or forty-eight for him), but I figure I would as here before driving to every dealer in the greater bay area.

Also, any advice on the best time of year and month to buy? I figure since riding season is almost over it would be getting near the best time to buy. I have also heard that buying at the end of the month is best since they dealers are trying to increase their monthly sales.

Am I insane for hoping to get the bike OTD for MSRP or less?

Old 09-28-2012, 08:15 PM
eagle bud
Advanced
Talking dealer nprices

hi there good luck on cheap but there are some deals around go to harley davidson.com ang go to find a dealer see whats close to you nows thetime to buy an 2012 model if you can find what you want i.e. color model price its like buying a used car they dont want to give up anything seeing you got cash do youre priceing on line or at dealers and go to the dealer that hads what you want make an offer with things you want extra dont tell them youre gonna pay cash until you got the deal then when its time for credit youre paying cash also you might be interested in last years rentals there cheaper if you can find one with low mileage get one of there extended warrantys also you can look at used frfom harley to also get a warranty new models for the new year come out in august every year hence looking at 2012 or hds rental fleet they dont like giving things away stand firm and if they dont cave in for something free even for t-shirts go somewhere else good luck on youre venture n welcome to HD world be safe watch everyone dont trust anybody on the road cars trucks theyll pull out in front of ya in a second bud

Old 09-28-2012, 10:46 PM
dfndr
Road Master

San Jose and Livermore HD owned by the same two guys. They made me a great deal and the service was superbe. I shopped all over and these guys were head and shoulders above the rest of the dealers.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:10 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Riding season is never over in CA

Old 09-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've bought 2 bikes from Dudley Perkins in So. S.F. They give you an OTD price, and you can usually get something thrown in.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:57 PM
eagle bud
Advanced

Amen to that

Old 09-29-2012, 08:26 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Best thing to do is go to the dealers and ask.
Best time to buy is when the new models come out and some of the dealers discount the left over models.Of course the selection will be limited.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:54 AM
kkiley
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

A friends wife just bought an 07 Fatboy for about $10,000 from Livermore, same people that own SJ Harley. So they were treated fair. I know that House of Thunder has been really good to several of my friends that have bought there too. Just shop around, it's part of the excitement of buying one.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:55 PM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Newark
I am looking to buy my first Harley, and I was wondering if you could recommend a SF Bay Area dealership to purchase the bike at a good price. A friend and I are both looking to buy (possibly a third friend too), I would be paying cash for the bike and he would be financing his. It probably doesn't help that we would be buying some of the lower priced bikes (2013 street bob for me, and an iron 883 or forty-eight for him), but I figure I would as here before driving to every dealer in the greater bay area.

Also, any advice on the best time of year and month to buy? I figure since riding season is almost over it would be getting near the best time to buy. I have also heard that buying at the end of the month is best since they dealers are trying to increase their monthly sales.

Am I insane for hoping to get the bike OTD for MSRP or less?
No, you're not crazy to think you can a decent deal. Figure out what kind of bike you want, and hit up all the dealers for a 2012. San Josem HD, Oakland HD, Perkins, Livermore, House of Thunder, Eagle's Nest and see who will give you the best price. End of riding season in the Bay Area? Are you serious? Last winter was rideable the time. This weekend is 90 degrees.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Newark
Advanced

Originally Posted by harley_jeff
No, you're not crazy to think you can a decent deal. Figure out what kind of bike you want, and hit up all the dealers for a 2012. San Josem HD, Oakland HD, Perkins, Livermore, House of Thunder, Eagle's Nest and see who will give you the best price. End of riding season in the Bay Area? Are you serious? Last winter was rideable the time. This weekend is 90 degrees.
Hahaha. True, riding in the bay area is a year round thing. I guess I should have phrased it differently. What I meant was that I figured more people would buy new bikes during the warmer months than Nov-Feb, since they would be more likely to use them in warmer weather.

I want a 2013 street bob. It is the cheapest big twin and I like the black motor. Since the 2012's have an integrated riser built into the upper triple tree I would prefer to not buy that one. I have also been searching the classifieds here, craigslist, cycletrader, and ebay for used bikes. My ideal would be to get 2006-up street bob so I can save some coin, but a lot of them are nearly the price of new.

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area Dealership