Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

Black Out Regrets

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 11:21 PM
xeonichor
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Out Regrets

Ive been thinking about blacking out my 04 softail. My Uncle is telling me that I will regret it. I know this discussion is about personal choice but id still like to get some input. I love the look but i'm afraid it will limit future accessories. I do have another bike. Its a 07 Dyna CVO screamin eagle edition. I think this helps because i feel i would still have a harley that has color and accessories i could change up. Any input?

Old 02-03-2015, 01:50 AM
Desertwndrr
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Some people regret tattoos, some people love them for life. It's your bike, personalize it! Black is classic and will be around forever. I personally like to mix black and chrome, but that's my flavor. Now if you had posted that you were going to purple out your bike, then I'd agree with your uncle.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:15 AM
xeonichor
Intermediate

Just askin if anyone else has went black and didnt look back or if they had regrets. Other people experiences? Fuschia and purple are definitely off my radar

Old 02-03-2015, 08:34 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

I've blacked out every bike I've owned since I first did it on my '79 Low Rider.
Prior to that I had chromed out bikes and got sick of raggin' on them all the time.

Going black was the best idea I ever had, no regrets here.

The following 2 users liked this post by Greezey Rider:
Campy Roadie (09-09-2018), nick@nite (08-04-2018)
Old 02-03-2015, 12:36 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Since day one I've been adding a darker look to my FB, easy enough to do since it was already in 'Vivid Black.' But recently I've added a couple of small chrome pieces for a little more accent/contrast. Not saying I regret going dark, just want to brighten things up a tad. At some point I'll achieve the 'perfect balance.' Wish you luck on your project.
~

Attached Thumbnails Black Out Regrets-img_1158.jpg  
Old 02-03-2015, 03:24 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

hahaha zero regrets!

Old 02-03-2015, 03:38 PM
xeonichor
Intermediate

Thanks everyone. Im going black. If i ever get tired of it theres always room in my garage for a 3rd bike.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,926 Likes on 2,566 Posts

Customizing your motorcycle is a constant, ever changing experience. Do the black and as you go along maybe you will want to mix in some color or chrome. Maybe you will chrome the entire bike ten years form now? Do what you want now, you can always do something different later. Just because you change something doesn't mean it must stay that way forever. Parts come on and off all the time. I just had a sissy bar that was off the WG for over ten years powder coated and I put it back on the bike. When it come off I hated it, now I like it again (maybe still a little too tall).

We had a buddy back in the day that would tear his entire rigid shovel apart every winter. Change the fenders, color, bars etc for a new look. Always on the cheap, rattle can paint, used parts etc. For him it was an exploration of styles to find out what he liked, it also kept the bike fresh to him. This went on for years, last time I saw the bike the shovel was in a softtail frame. He never got tired of changing that bike, and I am sure he still has it.

The following users liked this post:
Whitecloudjr (07-05-2018)
Old 02-03-2015, 05:39 PM
HarleyFortyEight
Stage IV

I'll be blacking mine out little by little. And since you have a second bike, you can have the best of both!

Old 02-05-2015, 08:30 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I can't get mine blacked out fast enough. It's always about the money, danm ! My Lo is blackened cayenne so its kinda like having the best of both worlds though, looks black most of the time until the sun hits it right and then BAM!

Quick Reply: Black Out Regrets