Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

CVO Depreciation

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 09:25 PM
harleytacticalnut
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
And in trade you will get nothing for everything you have added. That is fine and good if you keep your bikes a long time.

I have a 03 Fatboy that I have way more money in than any CVO. I have zero intentions of ever selling it. Its a 1 of 1.

I have a 13 CVO King with almost 6K motor work, no intentions of ever selling. Have more in the fatboy than this bike.

Have a 18 CVO Road Glide. I'm sure it will be traded in a couple years, around 45K on the odometer. CVO works for the bike I travel on, dont have to add much, has everything. Can trade and not lose my azz on add ons.

I have yet to see another Gunship gray on the road. I am 100% sure I will at bike week.

I traded a 17 CVO Street glide with 21K at 11 months old on the bike above, there were there identical ones on a charity ride.

How many bikes have you rode 2 years, put 45K on and got 4K less in trade than you paid for it? I have done that with a few CVO's
Thats the way it should be done brother. Couldn’t have said it better. It’s all about relationships and wheeling and dealing. I am like you in the fact of living in the times and just move on. Build some keep few trade most.

The following 2 users liked this post by harleytacticalnut:
FLSTFI Dave (02-15-2018), tbob (02-15-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 12:53 AM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

OP - A lowball offer by a dealer in no way establishes the value of your bike. Plenty of resources out there to do that more accurately.

When I am trading a bike I have always found a dealer that will be over any other offer. Usually I have improved the offer by a minimum of $2K out the door price over the others.

One dealer was always the low baller. They missed a small fortune over the last 15 years by not stepping up. I would ride the new bike to them and show it off. They never learned.

One way the other dealer beat deals was to sell it from the "House" and not the sales dept. Saved them the sales commision expense and they passed it along. Not really fair to the staff but I know many car dealers that do that also. To get that though you have to be a frequent flyer.

Last edited by lh4x4; 02-16-2018 at 01:03 AM.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:30 PM
rockie
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CVO,s are beautiful bikes but the depression stinks.i paid €43,995 euro,s for my Ultra Classic CVO in 2012.trade now with low mileage and pristine €16,000.Iv seen ultra limiteds Selling for more.Dealers will tell you when your buying they are great value and will always hold value 😡 My dealer told me the other day,he may only sell 1 CVO a year and will find it hard to sell mine.If I was to buy again I’d buy second hand.Id never buy new.Ud want to be buying a CVO for life to make any sense.Thats just my personal experience.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:12 PM
whocares
Road Warrior
Received 432 Likes on 218 Posts

Damn,just when I thought the dealers in the US were crooks.that Irish dealer needs a smack.

Last edited by whocares; 02-17-2018 at 06:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ohiobellboy (02-17-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 07:41 PM
SilverStreetGlide
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

I think the saying “beat a horse dead” can appropriately be said here. For the record I think the original poster CVO COASTAL has come to peace on this many threads back. And for the record any JOY TOY is a loss and good golly miss Molly shouldn’t this thread be dead LOL. And I thought the “whoever has the most toys in the end wins”. I am working on that one cause I have some toys and here is another one:
2018 Goldwing

Last edited by SilverStreetGlide; 02-17-2018 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:55 AM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverStreetGlide
I think the saying “beat a horse dead” can appropriately be said here. For the record I think the original poster CVO COASTAL has come to peace on this many threads back. And for the record any JOY TOY is a loss and good golly miss Molly shouldn’t this thread be dead LOL. And I thought the “whoever has the most toys in the end wins”. I am working on that one cause I have some toys and here is another one:
2018 Goldwing
Looked at one of those at the bike show a few weeks back. I threw up in my mouth. I see Honda didn't learn a damn thing about HD's mistake with the angle of the dash and the sun being behind you bouncing off the screen and making it useless. That and that stupid looking plastic cover of the gauges. Plenty of videos out there on that new Wing that shows the glare that I spoke about. Helluva bike? Yup, Reliable and fast? yup. George Jetson would be happy to have one.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:36 AM
rockie
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2018 goldwing not in Ireland until sometime in April at a cost of €32,000 euros manual and €34,500 euros automatic 😳.what are they like?is there to much techno on it or like African Twin easy for middle aged man to use.How much in $ ????.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:22 PM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by rockie
2018 goldwing not in Ireland until sometime in April at a cost of €32,000 euros manual and €34,500 euros automatic 😳.what are they like?is there to much techno on it or like African Twin easy for middle aged man to use.How much in $ ????.
32K Euro is around 40K USD. I prefer the look and finish on an HD, but nothing wrong with a gold wing people have different preferences.

empowered01 (04-15-2022)
Old 02-18-2018, 04:08 PM
SilverStreetGlide
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy
Looked at one of those at the bike show a few weeks back. I threw up in my mouth. I see Honda didn't learn a damn thing about HD's mistake with the angle of the dash and the sun being behind you bouncing off the screen and making it useless. That and that stupid looking plastic cover of the gauges. Plenty of videos out there on that new Wing that shows the glare that I spoke about. Helluva bike? Yup, Reliable and fast? yup. George Jetson would be happy to have one.
Oh that’s nice and yeah I have other ones to ride but my 2018 and 2017 CVO’s ain’t gonna have the performance and ride. But I didn’t buy the GW to outdo my CVO’s. I like to have a change up in ride and technology. For me personally I like many brands and enjoy the different looks and feel as well. So, sorry I made you throw up again lol.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:23 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverStreetGlide
2018 Goldwing
It is amazing how this thread took so many different tacs. I did get what I wanted in the end, I never thought my CVO was an investment, I always knew I would have to look around to get a better trade value.

SilverStreetGlide (02-19-2018)

Quick Reply: CVO Depreciation