Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

CVO Depreciation

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 03:32 PM
Geary Thomas
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Coastal CVO
It took 6 months to locate the last Orange CVO in the country, 33K was the price however by time I had it dealer transferred and all the BS the dealer wanted to tac on, it came in about 37K, this has nothing to do with my scenario, what I paid is not the issue, my add ons are not the issue. My local dealer wants over MSRP for the bike I am looking at and is low balling the trade value by 4K. I don't owe anything on my 13. I don't need a new bike, my wife instigated this transaction.

PS, there were dozens of Emerald Green models available at 34K, I wanted the orange.
keep the wife... lose the dealer then I saw final posts... NICE Ride.... keep all 3 !!+

Last edited by Geary Thomas; 01-15-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:37 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

After doing a dealer locator for CVO's the 2018 are gonna go fast depending on color.
Dealer on the west coast marked up a Ultra cvo anniversary $15,000 and put it on sticker
stating that. Guy buying one at the dealer was complaining about getting a discount until salesman showed him that..

Last edited by tbob; 01-15-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:08 PM
2003king
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am sorry, but why would you pay top$ to dealer and go back trade your ride lees than what it worth to the same guy (dealer)
There are plenty people out there and willing to buy your bike for just not go to dealer, also plenty of people bought new bikes and selling them lees so why would you ever buy from dealer. Now if you think the financing from HD help you, then your wrong, they sell high and buy low
the bottom line Harley has no price, its up to the buyer what he wants to pay and seller what to take, there is no right or wrong way and there is no way you can find out what the bike worth, if you like it buy it if not look for it. HD dealers are nothing but scam and arrogant, all the hype about this CVO is bunch of BS period right here in California i know 3 dealers has 2016 Street glide CVO brand new at $25999, $26895 and $27699
they kissing your A****s to take them then 2018 CVO at $41K but they said we do not have any this one sold!!!! BS
Bur from privet party, so many people buying, putting so much extra and after a year they sell the bike is better than new
Now if you have the dough $ then more power to you, go buy them from dealer, but then do not cry why you pay so much and now you can not sell.
I bought two CVO in last 4 years and ride them then sold them now i am sitting on the side line for 2017 or 2018
Ride safe brothers and god bless

Old 01-21-2018, 08:08 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003king
I am sorry, but why would you pay top$ to dealer and go back trade your ride lees than what it worth to the same guy (dealer)
There are plenty people out there and willing to buy your bike for just not go to dealer, also plenty of people bought new bikes and selling them lees so why would you ever buy from dealer. Now if you think the financing from HD help you, then your wrong, they sell high and buy low
the bottom line Harley has no price, its up to the buyer what he wants to pay and seller what to take, there is no right or wrong way and there is no way you can find out what the bike worth, if you like it buy it if not look for it. HD dealers are nothing but scam and arrogant, all the hype about this CVO is bunch of BS period right here in California i know 3 dealers has 2016 Street glide CVO brand new at $25999, $26895 and $27699
they kissing your A****s to take them then 2018 CVO at $41K but they said we do not have any this one sold!!!! BS
Bur from privet party, so many people buying, putting so much extra and after a year they sell the bike is better than new
Now if you have the dough $ then more power to you, go buy them from dealer, but then do not cry why you pay so much and now you can not sell.
I bought two CVO in last 4 years and ride them then sold them now i am sitting on the side line for 2017 or 2018
Ride safe brothers and god bless
I just sold mine to private party. The buyer arranged dealer financing. He said the dealer was trying to sell him
one of there bikes the hole time in the finance office. Rotten dirty bastards.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:39 PM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

be prepared to take a hit on anything 2 wheels or hull..paid 37 for mine and was debating a trade on a 18 cvo rg until they offered me 33k...this was 3 months ago...would be less today I'm sure...with that said..do your homework and the longer you keep it the better IMO

Old 01-25-2018, 09:40 AM
Geary Thomas
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by PistolPete83
be prepared to take a hit on anything 2 wheels or hull..paid 37 for mine and was debating a trade on a 18 cvo rg until they offered me 33k...this was 3 months ago...would be less today I'm sure...with that said..do your homework and the longer you keep it the better IMO
Only a 4K hit ?? Drive a new car off the showroom floor and see the Kelly on it

Old 01-26-2018, 05:51 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Why buy new when slightly used will do.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:32 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by load97
Cuz for over 45 years, I bought used, now, I can afford new, I want new, and, it's my money.

But I fully understand your thought, I have an old used Ford 250 PSD that I bought used, I could have bought a new truck but, I didn't.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:03 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Since I started this thread, I think I'll update the status of the original post, by now, we know I finally got the trade value I needed to make me feel good about the deal. Interestingly, they have now placed my CVO trade on the showroom floor among all the others, this dealer hangs pricing on every bike on the floor, except mine, strange, I asked what they were going to price it at, response, not sure.

Since they had one exactly like mine (excluding the tour pak and some other extras) priced at 34K about 3 months ago, and it sold quickly. If and when they do price this bike, I am betting they mark it up over 10K, they will have done nothing to it as it was fully serviced and had new brakes, tires, air filter and oils.

Should be interesting.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:47 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,954 Likes on 2,351 Posts

Originally Posted by load97
Because I like new, and want new. This is my 6th new CVO since 09. When my bikes get traded they have over 45K on them so they are past slightly used. Even when I traded the 11 month old 17 CVO Street glide on the 18 it had 21K on it.

Originally Posted by Coastal CVO
Cuz for over 45 years, I bought used, now, I can afford new, I want new, and, it's my money.
I fully agree.

I also do pretty well on my trades. The dealer I use does not try to rape me.

Quick Reply: CVO Depreciation