Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 08 Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 11:14 AM
2008RockeronFire
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 08 Rocker C

I have been a member on here for a couple of years and have used these forums to help diagnose problems and as a reference for buying things. However I haven't posted much. I figured I'd throw up my bike and the progress I have made with it.

I bought this 2008 Rocker C in 2012 with 2k miles on it. I did the apes shortly after buying it and rode it through the entire first winter I had it (Pennsylvania winter weather is not ideal). I loved everything about it. Until I realized the toll the road salt and winter took on my chrome.

A buddy of mine owns a shop and I helped him with a couple of things and he offered to do something for free. So I had asked him to just clean up my bike, at this point I was sick of the blue and the flames and was ready to sell it but my buddy talked me into powder coating all my chrome black. In fact right after I dropped it off the next day I had a guy call me (seen my ad online) and wanted to buy the bike. Went down to the shop and was already stripped down and rear fender cut (had thought about chopping stock fender). My buddy ended up talking me into a full color change. Well if anyone has ever had a friend that owns a business owe you something you know that your stuff tends to take longer or keep getting pushed off.

After two years and no bike I had an opportunity to take two weeks off and go in to the shop and lend a hand to help free him up to get my bike done. This also enabled me to learn how to powder coat and have a hand in building my bike from the frame up which was an awesome experience. Aside from the time I missed actually riding I am grateful of the experience and how the bike turned out.

So everything including the mirror, fenders, tanks, frame etc. was powder coated and reassembled in September of last year (2015). After a couple months of riding I have made the decision to strip the tanks and fenders and base clear them so they are more durable and produce a better shine. I currently have the bike back down to the frame with only the engine and wiring in it.

Current Setup

Todd's Cycle 17 inch Z Bar Apes with 1 inch risers
Braided Stainless Steel lines and cables
Arlen Ness Knurled Fusion Grips and Pegs
Heartland Wildheart Fender Kit with Lights in Struts
Joker Machine Astro LED Bullet Turn Signals
Heartland Side Mount with Cat Eye LED License Plate Holder
Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner
XK GLow Carbon Series Smart Phone Controlled LED's
Opt-7 55w Slim HID 5000k Headlight Kit
Progressive Suspension 2 inch lowering kit Front and Rear
Custom Dynamis Slimline Signal Stabilizer
Vance and Hines Big Radius Exhaust

Currently Installing
Shotgun Shock (Thanks Bolt54!)
S&S 583C Cams
S&S Adjustable Pushrods
New Rocker Box Gaskets

Here are some pics from when I got it and where its at now

Thanks for reading/looking!

Old 05-09-2016, 11:57 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

Digging the black and white contrasts.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:29 PM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

Yeah, the contrast of tins and frame is very nice! In the dark though it turns into a

Old 05-09-2016, 12:35 PM
2008RockeronFire
Novice

Originally Posted by matte
Digging the black and white contrasts.
Thanks man!

Old 05-09-2016, 12:36 PM
2008RockeronFire
Novice

Originally Posted by EagleRay
Yeah, the contrast of tins and frame is very nice! In the dark though it turns into a
I had it out on Christmas day so I used my app and Christmas themed the lights.....being able to change the color of the LED's with my phone is one of my favorite things haha.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:49 PM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

The contrast is cool, unsure about the lights though

Old 05-09-2016, 12:51 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

I feel like it needs a way to light up all the white lines so you can choose the mood/lights that suit you. Or even using a white paint that glows at night would be a pretty sick appearance.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:42 PM
2008RockeronFire
Novice

Originally Posted by skid_pimp
The contrast is cool, unsure about the lights though
Thanks man. Not a fan of lights in general or the placement?

Old 05-09-2016, 01:43 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

Bad *** dude, nice custom work. I like the fender cut it really adds to the look. Very much a one of a kind and in the right direction.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:45 PM
2008RockeronFire
Novice

Originally Posted by matte
I feel like it needs a way to light up all the white lines so you can choose the mood/lights that suit you. Or even using a white paint that glows at night would be a pretty sick appearance.
I actually almost used the glow in the dark powder for those pieces however I wasn't hearing good things about durability and people having problems with the glow lasting.

I agree that would be cool however its impossible with having to hide the lights and wires. I didn't even get to use all the strips I had because I ran out of room and places to tuck them. I am going to take another peek and re-evaluate my placement over the next week or two since I have the bike back down to the frame.

Quick Reply: My 08 Rocker C