Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing on a Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 10:52 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Fairing on a Heritage

Has anyone actually installed a Batwing Fairing w/stereo on a Heritage? If so what brand? Comments please!

There is another thread about a "Wedge Fairing" but not sure about them as they seem to be new with not much info on their Website and it is a frame mounted fairing as opposed to a fork mounted fairing.

I'm looking at a Standard Batwing Fairing from Reckless Industries MC Div. , see: https://www.recklessmotorcycles.com/heritage.html

It uses my '18 Heritage OEM Windshield mounts and sounds like a plug and play hookup.

Although the standard model starts at $780, with color match and other options it could be close to $2000.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:03 AM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

It is your money and your motorcycle.
DO anything you want.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:22 AM
Sixgunjr
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I put a Woody’s fairing on my CVO Deluxe. Made a huge difference with wind. I think if I were to do it over again I would experiment with the newer windshield with the curve at the top. It’s your bike do what you want. If you live in Colorado and ride year around, a faring sure is nice.

Last edited by Sixgunjr; 11-16-2018 at 12:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Steve Tron (05-17-2019)
Old 11-16-2018, 11:48 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Kingglide549
It is your money and your motorcycle.
DO anything you want.
Thanks for nothing.

Just looking to find out if it is a good idea or not. Pros/cons etc.

I have a recurve windhield that works great, but I kind of like the Idea of a sound system.

I have been told all the handlebar mounted sound systems are not worth the money as you cant hear them at highway speeds, I'm assuming if a sound system works with a fairing on a turing bike, it should work on a Softail.

So I was asking...

The following users liked this post:
not_so_newb (11-19-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 11:51 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Sixgunjr
I put a Wood’s fairing on my CVO Deluxe. Made a huge difference with wind. I think if I were to do it over again I would experiment with the newer windshield with the curve at the top. It’s your bike do what you want. If you live in Colorado and ride year around, a faring sure is nice.
Looks good!

Do you have a sound system installed? If so, cay you hear it a t highway speeds (55+)?

Thanks

Old 11-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Sixgunjr
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry no sound system. I’m sure you can make it as loud as you need it.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:38 PM
doctorgoo
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you interested in the fairing for the sake of having a fairing or for the tunes? The reason I ask is because I googled/youtubed Road King sound systems and came up with a setup for my heritage that absolutley rocks. No fairing.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:55 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

you could keep your current windshield an add some tunes: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RR2-RADIO-B...Uo2x:rk:1:pf:0

you can buy just the box an add your choice of radio an speakers

Old 11-17-2018, 04:54 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by doctorgoo
Are you interested in the fairing for the sake of having a fairing or for the tunes? The reason I ask is because I googled/youtubed Road King sound systems and came up with a setup for my heritage that absolutley rocks. No fairing.
Kinda looking for a sound system, but also kinda like the idea of a fairing with its added benefits and everything built in. Hate the idea of cluttering up the handelbars with the speakers and/or boom box.

Which brand did you go with? Specifics? Could you shoot some pic's of your install. Is the sound OK at highway speeds (55+).

​​​​​​

Old 11-17-2018, 05:08 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by langwilliams
you could keep your current windshield an add some tunes: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RR2-RADIO-B...Uo2x:rk:1:pf:0

you can buy just the box an add your choice of radio an speakers
Thank you, but I have looked a a number of these type of units and have been told the same thing...don't waste your money.

As I answered in the previous post, the Idea of a fairing with a buildt in plug and play sound system appeals to me.

Would really be nice if someone who has actually installed a fairing on a late model Heritage would reply with some informative type comments. Pros and Cons. How does the bike handle? Etc.

Quick Reply: Fairing on a Heritage