Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legend AirRide Vs. Progressive AirTail

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:07 AM
btmagician13
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legend AirRide Vs. Progressive AirTail

Assuming I can pick up a Legend AirRide on ebay for less than $1000......should I get the legend system or the Progressive AirTail system?

Which one would be more reliable, comfortable for longer trips 2 up with luggage?

I am also considering the AirTails and just use the hand pump to keep the costs down.

Pro's/ Con's?

Old 02-21-2006, 01:04 AM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Legend AirRide Vs. Progressive AirTail

I have the Legends on my 04 Standard and love it. Have been riding for two years and only had one problem, we had failed the pump. I contacted Legends and they were more that courteous and helpful. Sent me out another pump right away and I haven't had a problem since. I like the lower ride for in the city and when Krusin you can pump it up on the go to match weight and comfort of ride.

If interested I do have another pump as check valve (new) that I was going to use on another project but so far wife says no. Go figure!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-22-2006, 11:50 PM
ChopperHammer666
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Was the system easy to install? I was thinking about an air ride for my 06FXSTS. I like the look of the fender sitting on the tire when it's parked.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:24 AM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Not bad at all. The exhaust and seat will need to be removed. I the jacked the bike up to change out the shocks also installing the air hoses and wiring at that time. One thing I did do was to run the wiring through black shrink tubing. Did not heat it to shrink it, looks great and does a nice job of hiding the wires. Anyway the instructions were pretty straight forward and in the entire install took me about 4 hours. One thing I did change from the instructions is where I mounted the raise/lower switch. They will have you mount it on the billet housing holding the gauge on the right side of the rocker box. I found this to be rather inconvenient to adjust ride height when riding. I have since drilled a hole between the key switch and speedometer just to the left. Now I can operate the switch with my left hand while riding.

Old 02-26-2006, 02:44 AM
porbagger
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need to look at the hi - lo air ride have it on my bagger and deuce works good go to bikerbuddypro.com