Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer Classic to Bad Boy

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
fallenspringer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Springer Classic to Bad Boy

i was thinking about making this my winter project, converting my classic into a more "bad boy esque" style bike. just wondering if anyone out there has done the same or if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about it? The classic is what i have but i have vance and hines pipes pulled back to one side and 14" wide 1.5" apes(haven't gotten around to taking any photos yet)

Attached Thumbnails Springer Classic to Bad Boy-nv13428_1.jpg   Springer Classic to Bad Boy-x-pipes1-1.jpg  
Old 09-21-2009, 12:35 AM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Trade it in for a Softail Custom , then put a springer on that.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:51 AM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could swap the front rim for a 21incher. If the hubs are different find a local Indy HD shop and have them lace a 21inch hoop to your stock hub so that everything lines up properly. After that I would think that a rear fender swap, seat swap and bar swap would get you really close. Of course if you wanted it all black like the Bad Boy, some extensive time with a painter and a powder coater would be needed. You could get "close" without spending too much$$ though.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:54 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wouldnt be very hard to make yours more Bad Boy-Esque....

Swap out your heritage fender for a bobbed one. Lower the bike front and rear. Toss the front fender and put on a 21" skinny front wheel, add a few powdercoated black pieces here and there, swap yer floorboards for a set of extended foward controls and pegs and youre golden.

A twin cam Bad Boy would be....Bad!!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 AM
fallenspringer
Cruiser

thinking of taking a different approach ... trading my bike in for a night train and then just throwing a springer front end on. only problem cant find a used one for the right price anywhere around where i live.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking to do a Nightrain/Springer myself but wasn't able to find the right deal on the Train either. Ended up with a Softail Springer and now i am torn on whether or not to black the engine out. May keep it like it is for now and simply paint the tins and see how I like it.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fallenspringer
thinking of taking a different approach ... trading my bike in for a night train and then just throwing a springer front end on. only problem cant find a used one for the right price anywhere around where i live.

They are giving em' away on E-Bay....Low mileage "Cream Puffs".

Shippin' is cheap. I live in Colorado...My bike was bought in Atlanta and i gave $500 to ship it to my door.

Best move I've done in a while as I bought the bike from a fellow member here and he had it on E-Bay as well....Bike arrived cleaner and more pristine than described. Saved me almost 3 grand from what guys around here were trying to sell for!

Old 09-22-2009, 02:10 PM
jrspringer06
Tourer

Just throw a 21 on the classic. They look sick with that fender.