Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Wear a helmet in states that DON'T require it?
Yes, if I'm on the bike, it's on my head
50.70%
If I don't have to, I ain't wearing it
20.85%
Yes, but not ALL the time
28.45%
Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Helmets??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 01:19 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After working and seeing my fare share of motorcycle accidents in Florida with no helmet being the cause of death, I wear it everywhere.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:10 PM
CasaWolves
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by maddox13
No bro i hear you, all vaid points, I actually do wear a helmet once in a while, but i just hate absolutely hate, the government telling me i have too, hey lets face it every one knows it is safer to wear one, its common sense, the big issue to me is having the freedom to decide, LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE..thats what they tell us atleast, but the freedom seems to keep disappearing and its because if people dont care about a particular freedom they dont help out there buddy who might be real passionate about it, i am not sure if i am making sense, but as bikers i think everyone should be pissed when they have no choice whether they would have chose too or not.
seriously speaking, the Govt is telling us all what to do already. gotta have a license, gotta manage your speed, gotta pay the ole taxes, gotta, pay taxes on your tires, gas, vehicles, Harleys....you get it, if its going to tell you to wear a helmet, well thats an additional item. Bottom line big guy, it will protect you and we want you reading these forums for many years to come. If ya'll saw the number of LOW speed deaths, hitting a curb, etc that the driver could have gotten up, laughed and moved on instead of dying, ya might think differently. Fatalities have increased steadily thru 2008 (latest nbrs avail) and a lot of that is indeed there are more riders, and even more older riders (Age 40+ fatalities have heavily increased), but there are also more cars, more folks texting and talking on cells, more complex problems in a person's life and then is out driving, drunks, meth heads, drugged *****, all kinds of things.......play the odds, strap the lid on!

Old 03-21-2010, 06:40 PM
bear68
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

23 Dec 2009, and 85 yr old woman turned left in front of me. I was doing 35mph. Here is why I wear a helmet all the time....

Thats my blood on the face shield.

My Poor Springer is STILL in the shop (parts are hard to find)

My Ugly mug... Note the swelling on the side of my head. This is four hours after the crash. I am now scheduled for surgery for a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. Took three weeks before I could eat without my head and jaw aching.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Catfish9450
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool SIG picture, Coyote !!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:00 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

Being military I don't have a choice, not that it matters all that much. It's like wearing a seatbelt in a cage, never know when you'll need it; but much better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Hell, I bought my first helmet when I started racing motocross, only because it was a requirement...don't ever remember a wreck that it helped with, but that's probly because I had it on.

To each their own, but don't come cryin when you scuff your face off in the name of freedom.