Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LaPera Solo Seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 02:42 AM
coronerrpm
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rquirch
NOPE!... just like coroner said above, it mounts to a single hole that is further back... you have to get rid of the thumbscrews... you can leave them in there but the seat is going to gap, i got rid of them and the plate that's under the fender...

about the fuelpak, YES! it takes a bit of patience but i was rocking my fuelpak and now my PC-V no problems... i have a picture of my install somewhere...

BTW, im selling my fuelpak if you want it.
Just remember that when you remove the plate under the fender that it also holds the rear wire harness up away from the tire. I did remove mine but also used zip ties to keep the wires up and away.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:24 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

On the FatBoy Lo the seat attaches to the single hole behind the stock seat mounting space. You have to get a bung to go into that hole. I got mine on e-bay. You will also have to paint their crappy bracket black to match the black denim. Then you will have to go back to e-bay and find a black screw to hold the seat down, Mustang makes one. After all that the seat looks awesome. I started a thread here that complained about LePera's cheap mounting hardware and the fact they don't supply all the necessary parts. It's a shame you have to paint stuff and buy cheap parts that they could supply. After all, their seats aren't cheap and it would make the company look better to use quality parts.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:13 PM
cpiad
Account Closed
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coronerrpm
I just went threw this about a week ago. Mine is the wide tire (2010 fatboy) and I bought the LK-007 barebones. You do NOT use the two thumb screws.

The seat mounts to the single hole one back from the thumb screws. All I did was remove the plastic plug and threw in a screw bung I got from the dealer for $4.00.

There is room for the ECM and or PC-5 and also the two studs for the thumb screws stay where they are under the barebones.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for the clarity of your response. Sufficient and necessary information.

Dutch

Old 04-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Youngneg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dan can you post a pic of your lepera seat on your lo...i`m looking at getting one and like to see a pic first

Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Qdraw
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya I'd definitley appreciate a pic ar two if someone has one... especially if someone has pulled this off still using the fender bib.