Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How low can I go??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Sofmech
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How low can I go??

I put my Shotgun Shock on the other day. Thanks J.D. for the great service and fast shipping. Install was fairly easy. It is such a tight fit that I thought I was doing it wrong at first but all is good. So my question is how low can I safely ride this thing now? I'm not talking about speed bumps and pot holes. Obviously one would raise it up for those. I am wondering about a smooth road around town. Can any damage happen to the bike driving it so low? The rear tire doesn't hit the fender at all, nothing scrapes, in fact it rolls just like before. Any damage that can happen to the drive belt, swingarm or systems such as those? My 39" Cholo's get here tomorrow so I know I can ride it too low around town with those on. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails How low can I go??-img_1125.jpg  
Old 07-20-2011, 11:14 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

All the stress is on the shocks... Ride as low as nothing hits... Be sure that the wiring under the fender is clear of the tire..... You won't feel that, but suddenly you'll lose all your lights.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:21 AM
alika808
Tourer

i ride it slammed going 80 on the interstate and local riding. you wont damage a thing

Old 07-20-2011, 11:23 AM
aaron8771
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ridden my shotgun slammed all the way down a few times. Don't think there's a problem hurting anything. Basically just like riding a hardtail. But avoid the potholes if you can, the seat will go up your spine. +1 on making sure everything is clear under the fender

Old 07-20-2011, 11:25 AM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sofmech
I put my Shotgun Shock on the other day. Thanks J.D. for the great service and fast shipping. Install was fairly easy. It is such a tight fit that I thought I was doing it wrong at first but all is good. So my question is how low can I safely ride this thing now? I'm not talking about speed bumps and pot holes. Obviously one would raise it up for those. I am wondering about a smooth road around town. Can any damage happen to the bike driving it so low? The rear tire doesn't hit the fender at all, nothing scrapes, in fact it rolls just like before. Any damage that can happen to the drive belt, swingarm or systems such as those? My 39" Cholo's get here tomorrow so I know I can ride it too low around town with those on. Thanks.
Sofmech, Nice lookin SKUNK Bro. Run in town dumped all the way. Wouldnt reccomend that railin at higher speeds thow. Your wheel wont hold up to the abuse with no suspension. I dont think your spine will either.

Stone

Old 07-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Sofmech
Cruiser

Sweet. I didn't want to be riding on a 4X4 but also don't want to be on the side of the road trying to fix it.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:34 AM
alika808
Tourer

just roll with it your good bro

Old 07-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Sofmech
Cruiser

Stone, first time I've heard it called a skunk, lol. Yeah, the spine is always on my mind. I get enough pain jumping out of planes in the Army. Don't want to do anything to mess up my two favorite things, Ridin and jumpin!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:05 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sofmech
Stone, first time I've heard it called a skunk, lol. Yeah, the spine is always on my mind. I get enough pain jumping out of planes in the Army. Don't want to do anything to mess up my two favorite things, Ridin and jumpin!

Ya the two tone looks good. Your gonna love the shotgun. Its bad ***. Also thanks for the military support to our country. Safe ridin.

Stone

Old 07-20-2011, 02:11 PM
sBender
Tourer

Originally Posted by t stone
Also thanks for the military support to our country.
+1 Thanks for gettin in harms way so a knucklehead like me can think and say stupid things. If you're ever in va shoot me a PM. The beer's on me.

Quick Reply: How low can I go??