Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple Issues With New Bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 04:43 PM
scheng32
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same thing on my 2011 Fatboy Lo, took it to the dealer and they sprayed degresser on it and made a mess of the rest of the bike. at 1800 miles still has a very light film ofoil, but it has gotten less and less.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:14 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,083 Likes on 2,600 Posts

One more question for you guys with denim black bikes. I cleaned the bike for the first time tonight and noticed what look like shiny marks on the right side of the oil tank. It is hard to describe, but they are like scratches as far as being horizontal lines, but instead of a normal scratch on regular paint they are shiny in nature instead of the satin of the normal paint. I noticed them under the lights in my garage. I only have 300 miles on the bike and know I did not do it, but was just wondering if anyone else had any flaws like this from the factory on their bikes?

I am going to take it to the dealer tomorrow and see what they say.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:15 AM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can tell you that getting a bike that is perfect from the showroom is pretty difficult. You have to consider that many people throw a leg over them, brush up against them with buckles/zippers, and test ride them. In addition, most dealers routinely wipe off the dust with a towel that has seen dozens of bikes and likely never been thrown in the wash machine.
Myself, I have bought 3 new Harleys and ALL of them had flaws either from the factory or from showroom abuse. I've come to expect it and since its gonna pick up more flaws along the way I have learned to live with it.
I know its a hard thing to do, but try to accept that its gonna have some minor defects despite the $20,000 price tag.

Originally Posted by RedNose44
One more question for you guys with denim black bikes. I cleaned the bike for the first time tonight and noticed what look like shiny marks on the right side of the oil tank. It is hard to describe, but they are like scratches as far as being horizontal lines, but instead of a normal scratch on regular paint they are shiny in nature instead of the satin of the normal paint. I noticed them under the lights in my garage. I only have 300 miles on the bike and know I did not do it, but was just wondering if anyone else had any flaws like this from the factory on their bikes?

I am going to take it to the dealer tomorrow and see what they say.