Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detail Question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
These topics go about like oil discussions. lol Everyone has their personal preference. Have to say though I have read a bunch of good reviews on the Honda cleaner and the S100 product line is some great stuff as well. I recently used the S100 engine restore or brightener spray and it made the black case brighter than show room quality.

lmfao...aint that the truth. Wonder if the mod gonna bump this.

I got another one for ya tho. Ya know how the wax/polish will get on the engine black and leave a white haze thats difficult to get off without the correct application...well, I have some chit called Woody Wax I use on my boat(pricey stuff). That black looks showroom afterwards.

Havent used the S100 yet but thats due soon, ideal for the fins I hear.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 PM
tinmarine
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy

I got another one for ya tho. Ya know how the wax/polish will get on the engine black and leave a white haze thats difficult to get off without the correct application...well, I have some chit called Woody Wax I use on my boat(pricey stuff). That black looks showroom afterwards.

The S100 is good, but I never thought to use Woody's. Have some in the garage, I'll have to try it. Thanks.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:16 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

Meguires or Mothers are two of the top shinners IMO.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:15 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy

When I used to use mother's I'd get the white on the case, hated it. But I used WD40 sprayed on a toothbrush and it gets the white off. With the Liquid Performance stuff I use now it doesn't stain the case.

But yeah man, my case and jugs cleaned up so black after using the S100 engine brightener, it almost looked to black. LOL Awesome stuff for restoring the black case.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:25 PM
chromefatty
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the S100 engine brightner easy to use? Do you just spray and wipe or do you have to be careful with the chrome?

Old 04-27-2012, 06:25 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chromefatty
Is the S100 engine brightner easy to use? Do you just spray and wipe or do you have to be careful with the chrome?
After you you clean and make sure the case and jugs are dry, you just spray it on and wipe any overspray off chrome or other painted areas. You do nothing to the case or jugs after spraying, it dries on its own.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:25 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have openly admitted many times that I am a "chrome *****" and a "clean freak". 1 Brother here has already said that this topic is much like the oil topic, tranny fluid topic, oil cooler topic and so on. This is one area I do know a little about only because I am such a clean freak. You may find this hard to believe but there are waxes out there that go as high as 30k plus, yes, $30,000 dollars and more. Google worlds most expensive waxes.....and read!!! Its thier carnuba content along with fruit oils that make them so expensive. I always detail my bike after each and every ride and I use Mothers California gold detailer. The reason for that is because I always lay down a good coat of wax at the start of each new riding season and before I tuck it in for the winter so my wax is always on and I use Griots best of show wax. It has a high carnuba content and that is what makes the wax hard and durable. Another very good wax is Liquid glass, that would be my 2nd choice. Griots also has tire care and leather care products. Now all of that is just MHO on the topic and what I use and why. There is a gazillion products out there to choose from and just as many riders who have thier own opinion on what they use and why. I can only speak for myself when it comes to what I use when I clean, wax and detail my bike and why. Also on a side note, if you have a bad chroming job and its pitting, no wax out there is going to fix that for you.

*edited* I went to the "Woodys wax" site and read about thier products. It has peaked my interest enough to where I might even get some of that and try it myself!!!

Last edited by tbonetony06; 04-27-2012 at 08:35 PM.