Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Seats Click Bait

Old 12-02-2015, 11:54 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 568 Likes on 214 Posts
Default C&C Seats Click Bait

Hey, I warned you.

I have probably have 100K Miles of *** time on C&C Seats and I like them, I them a lot. They are a great group of guys to work with and they have done a phenomenal job with my custom stitching design. Which has become a rub with me (literaly). I love my seat... I love my custom tiki design... I love that the thread matches the color of the bike... but, I'm tired of seeing it faded, I'm tired of buying a new seat every two years because the design is worn.

I talked to Chuck, Dave and Chuy about it on the phone and in person but we can't seem to come to a mutual agreement on a redesign/solution.

Again, I absolutely love their work, but I hate paying for new seats just because the thread in the art work is worn and faded ... and if you know me, or read my sig... I log miles and those miles turn to faded stitching when your your 501's are rubbing on the thread for hours at a time.

In the effort to save my seat, it's stitching and it's design... I am trying a new seat. Harley's Low-Profile Solo Touring Seat in Black (or part # 52000249).

The idea is that I am looking for a seat to log miles on, while keeping my C&C Seat for in town riding and bike shows... Yea.. My bike is over 100K miles and I still enter it in bike shows. That is how good my bike looks to me, even of other people just see a worn out Harley. Hell, bring it! I will still beat their asses with this tired ole harley in any Top Gun competition... unless it's a cop... I tried that once... it was sad... I looked good... but I did not win.

This is my current C&C Seat

And the new Harley Low-Profile seat

I just did the swap tonight, so I don't have any miles on it yet, but that will change this weekend. I will be interesting to feel the difference between the two seats.

Last edited by Dr. Tiki; 12-02-2015 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:51 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

Another item of note... I really need to stop posting after a rough a week thats followed by a bottle of wine. Have a good weekend ya'll!

Old 12-03-2015, 05:12 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

I dnt really see how they need to come to any agreement with you. They did their part, and normal wear isn't usually covered under any warranty. I think u found the best solution tho, an extra seat. Did u ever go back to any car manufacturers and demand they install a new drivers seat because your 501s rubbed a hole in the side bolster from getting in an out repeatedly?

Old 12-03-2015, 05:31 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,716 Likes on 1,544 Posts

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
I dnt really see how they need to come to any agreement with you. They did their part, and normal wear isn't usually covered under any warranty. I think u found the best solution tho, an extra seat. Did u ever go back to any car manufacturers and demand they install a new drivers seat because your 501s rubbed a hole in the side bolster from getting in an out repeatedly?
Read man. He said they could not come to an agreement on a new design that would eliminate the fading. He's not asking for free stuff...

Anyway, maybe just have the tiki design done a little smaller and in black or silver so when it fades it doesn't turn pink/orange?

And your Tiki? Hope that is a belly button but it kinda looks like a little vagina. Yeah, change that.

Last edited by lp; 12-03-2015 at 05:37 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:13 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

Tiki,

I would like to see how the HD seat works out for you.

Like you I too am a fan of C&C Saddles, as you know. Why didn't you just order a new C&C but without "Igors" Tiki Design?

BTW- "Igor" has a studio now that he shares with a couple of other cool dudes and gal. (If you didn't know) He's busy as hell as always! He did make time to do a really cool "Rat Fink" old school Surf Van type design for a event this pass summer. Tuned out super cool!

YB

Old 12-03-2015, 06:30 AM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,892 Likes on 3,007 Posts

Looks like an owl with a vagina

Old 12-03-2015, 06:42 AM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Look at the bright side Tiki, now when your at the bar the wife driving by won't know it's you.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

I haven't heard the owl one before. I have had people say that it reminds them of Garfield the Cat though.

As mentioned, I'm not looking for C&C to reimburse anything, just trying to find another idea so the design lasts longer. We talked about leather enlays as well but I don't think the design would come out as nice and I was concerned that the larger seams would be uncomfortable. I don't want to loose the design on the bike though, so I have some ideas to refresh my faded my inner fairing with some air brush work.

I wish I was near Igor to see his place. I do follow on Facebook and his website. Glad too see an artist keeping busy but I guess good work will do that.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:24 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
.......And your Tiki? Hope that is a belly button but it kinda looks like a little vagina. Yeah, change that.
going back and looking at it, i kinda agree. good luck with the new seat.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:38 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

I'm disappointed that you guys don't like vaginas.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C&C Seats Click Bait