Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corner Stone Extended Service Plan

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 12:49 PM
kphillips
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corner Stone Extended Service Plan

Does anyone have experience with Corner Stone Extended warranty plans. My factory warranty is expiring soon and the ESP from Harley is very expensive. I was quoted $3079 out the door from the dealer. The Corner Stone is $1732. They cover everything that the manufacture warranty covers.

Last edited by kphillips; 02-03-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:52 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

I have had them on 2 different bikes with a handful of claims and never had any problems with them. I recommend them to everyone looking for a warranty other than Harleys warranty.

The following users liked this post:
kphillips (02-03-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 04:30 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

same here. had voltage regulator replaced, used the tire warranty and the dealer said that it was better than harley, you don't have the deductible.

kphillips (02-03-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 05:34 PM
kphillips
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect,
It is half the cost and seems every bit as comprehensive as Harleys ESP. I do have a concern about my motorcycle trailer. It is my understanding the trailer will void the warranty.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:52 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Cornerstone would only cover 2 years at a time for my 'King. I was offered 5 years of HD coverage for less than twice the cost of the 2 year Conerstone plan. (Two 2 year Conerstone plans)
5 years HD for less than 4 years Conerstone, both with tire and wheel. No brainer.
In fact, the difference in the cost of the 4 year HD plan and the five year HD plan was less than $200.00. One should consider the bigger picture, especially if you plan to keep your bike. And, of course, it is prorated in the event you get rid of your bike you are refunded the remainder of the contract.

Spy11 (06-10-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 09:48 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
Cornerstone would only cover 2 years at a time for my 'King. I was offered 5 years of HD coverage for less than twice the cost of the 2 year Conerstone plan. (Two 2 year Conerstone plans)
5 years HD for less than 4 years Conerstone, both with tire and wheel. No brainer.
In fact, the difference in the cost of the 4 year HD plan and the five year HD plan was less than $200.00. One should consider the bigger picture, especially if you plan to keep your bike. And, of course, it is prorated in the event you get rid of your bike you are refunded the remainder of the contract.
Another thing to consider if you plan on putting lots of miles on your bike is Harley won't sell you an extended warranty if your bike has more than 75,000 miles, cornerstone will. Cornerstone told me that there isn't a mileage limit for them to sell you a warranty. My bike has 103,6?? miles and currently has a cornerstone warranty. I plan on getting another warranty from them when my warranty expires in October.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:44 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Originally Posted by bdtaylor1979
Another thing to consider if you plan on putting lots of miles on your bike is Harley won't sell you an extended warranty if your bike has more than 75,000 miles, cornerstone will. Cornerstone told me that there isn't a mileage limit for them to sell you a warranty. My bike has 103,6?? miles and currently has a cornerstone warranty. I plan on getting another warranty from them when my warranty expires in October.
Very true!
When my term with the HD plan is up, that will probably be the direction I go.
All I have heard about Cornerstone has been good, my only preference was the cost, in my particular situation.
FWIW, for those nearing the end of their 2 year original manufacturers warranty, the HD plan goes UP in cost if your bike has over 25,000 miles. If you go over the time (2 years) or miles (25,000), the dealer 'may' request checking over your bike (May vary by dealer). If you buy the HD plan, it starts on THAT DAY.
I checked this out beforehand, and rolled into my dealer on the last day of the factory warranty, with 24,900 miles.
Retired folks are tough!!!

Old 02-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

I've heard good things about Cornerstone, but for some reason the plan cannot be sold in Florida and some other states. A friend bought a Cornerstone plan before he moved to FL and had a hassle trying to get his bike repaired under the plan here in FL. It got straightened out eventually, work was done & he was reimbursed. Something to think about if you travel to one of those states where Cornerstone isn't sold. I would have gone with Cornerstone, if it was available here in FL.

Btw, the H-D endorsed plan is negotiable. I was quoted somewhere around your price for the 7 year plan (2 year factory + 5 year ESP) including wheel & tire coverage. Eventually paid close to $2000 out of state. Send out some emails, or make some phone calls, if you decide to go with the H-D plan.

kphillips (02-04-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Don't know if he is still there, but Jim Palmer at Kutter HD use to have the lowest price on the HD warranty of any dealer in the country. Remember you don't have to buy it from your purchasing dealer. It's a real cash cow for dealers.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Uncle Peepers
Road Warrior
Received 850 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
Don't know if he is still there, but Jim Palmer at Kutter HD use to have the lowest price on the HD warranty of any dealer in the country. Remember you don't have to buy it from your purchasing dealer. It's a real cash cow for dealers.
I got my Cornerstone warranty from Jim at Kutter (now Board Tracker, I think). Used it once, and it worked fine.

Quick Reply: Corner Stone Extended Service Plan