Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&S vs Pitbull

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:29 AM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, manual is a hydraulic jack pumped by a foot lever.
I have a PitBull, $80 more expensive but I have a Touring bike and a Sportster and I wanted to be able to lift both without adapters, the PitBull has larger casters and the garage floor is not smooth but I can roll the jacked up bike easily and I can lift and lower either bike by myself. I strap the Sporty down but the Road King is stable it's ownself.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I currently own the J&S and looked at the Pitbull several times at shows before buying either. To me the difcerences are small. Same features but the J&S is cheaper. Yeah you can go higher with the Pitbull, bug honestly if I was looking to go real high I would have bought a table. Slight nod to the Pitbull for air connection. But for the price with that option you could get a table for a bit more.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:17 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd love to have a Pitbull jack...

Old 01-22-2009, 12:36 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Can't speak for the Pitbull, but I do own a J&S. I just got off the phone with the guy at J&S. I was having a problem with my jack not making it to the highest level anymore. He's putting another bottle on the way today. I don't even have to send the defective one back. J&S customer service is top notch. I don't mean to scare anyone, but this is the second bottle I've had to have replaced. The first one leaked oil. Both of them replaced immediately, and sincere apologies given from the company. No returns necessary. Try getting that kind of service from Sears or Pep Boys. I'm sure PitBull customer service is probably on par with J&S, but don't know for sure.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Mr D
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I own both a J&S and a Pit Bull, the PB is more stable than the J&S, also with the bigger wheels it can be moved around alot easier. Both are good products, I prefer the Pit Bull.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:07 PM
malmax
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was just checking on jacks myself...will follow this thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:01 PM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had a Pitbull jack for about 6 years. Mine's the air one and it was one of my better purchases!!

Old 01-22-2009, 08:42 PM
09RKC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

>>I've had a Pitbull jack for about 6 years. Mine's the air one and it was one of my better purchases!!<<

Tkx! The site says the PB's clearance is 4.5". My RKC leaning, man... that's right there. There'd be zero room for air (error). I guess this isn't an issue with anyone???

Old 01-22-2009, 08:45 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
the pitbull is larger and more stable ya usually get what you pay for.
BS! The J&S is less expensive, made in Wisconsin by two brothers, and kicks ****! My Street Glide sits on it all winter and I can jump on it and roll it around without an ounce of worry. J&S all the way baby.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:00 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

I would not even look at the features or warranty or service or anything when buying a jack. Just look around and buy the most expensive one. You know, you get what you pay for.

JK! I couldn't resist. I hate that statement. Pretty much means you're cattle and can be sold anything... Do people really think that price=quality? Wow.

What's the fun in "you get what you pay for" anyway? Not going to use your brain? Don't like to think much? Not any good at comparison or contrast? Nope. Just buy the most expensive one and tell everyone around you...

"You get what you pay for"

Just ranting. Don't mind me. Is it Friday yet?

lp

Quick Reply: J&S vs Pitbull