Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&S vs Pitbull

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Newhawk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my pitbull and the extra height at full lift.
I can get under the bike which I couldn't do if it was a table. (my true track install comes to mind)

Old 01-22-2009, 09:12 PM
1stultra
Cruiser

I bought the J&S long before I got my bike home. It's a very stable platform for working on the bike or just cleaning it. I looked at the pitbull(a great looking jack) but decided I really didn't need that extra 6" in height, the J&S goes up 18". They had a deal where they paid the frieght when I got mine. Great guys that made it, great jack!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:56 PM
King Crimson
Tourer

Originally Posted by max56
Can't speak for the Pitbull, but I do own a J&S. I just got off the phone with the guy at J&S. I was having a problem with my jack not making it to the highest level anymore. He's putting another bottle on the way today. I don't even have to send the defective one back. J&S customer service is top notch. I don't mean to scare anyone, but this is the second bottle I've had to have replaced. The first one leaked oil. Both of them replaced immediately, and sincere apologies given from the company. No returns necessary. Try getting that kind of service from Sears or Pep Boys. I'm sure PitBull customer service is probably on par with J&S, but don't know for sure.
That's because they're aware of the repeated issue of their bottles leaking oil.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:25 PM
09RKC
Tourer

I shared in a recent post that my yellow Sears jack, the lock bars slipped. The bike dropped until it settled on the hydraulics. Had I not gotten in the habit of closing that handle in addition to the lock bars, the bike would be toast.

Wanted to let you know I saw the problem. One of the bars was bent in about 1/4", more than enough to make that bar unstable at the locking point on the plate. I broke it down and fixed it. This jack will be back at Sears or on E-Bay shortly though. I fixed it, but cannot bring myself to trust it again.

I'm making my J&S vx Pitbull decision by mid-next week. Tkx to all who've posted!!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:40 PM
ATC2
Cruiser

I had the same dilemma, the PB goes 6" higher and I believe it has a handle making it a little easier to move around without bending over. I preferred to save some $$ and got the JS. It works great. My Sears is up for sale now. They are both good buys

Old 01-22-2009, 11:47 PM
ATC2
Cruiser

Almost forgot, another reason I went with the JS is a smaller footprint making easier to walk around when working and when put away.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:52 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
[QUOTE=lp;4427811]I would not even look at the features or warranty or service or anything when buying a jack. Just look around and buy the most expensive one. You know, you get what you pay for.

JK! I couldn't resist. I hate that statement. Pretty much means you're cattle and can be sold anything... Do people really think that price=quality? Wow.

What's the fun in "you get what you pay for" anyway? Not going to use your brain? Don't like to think much? Not any good at comparison or contrast? Nope. Just buy the most expensive one and tell everyone around you...

"You get what you pay for"

Just ranting. Don't mind me. Is it Friday yet?
LP, MY POST STATED ya USUALLY get what you pay NOT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR,THIS IS ABOUT THE 3RD TIME YA FOLLOWED UP ON ONE OF MY POSTS WITH A NEGATIVE COMMENT. LEARN HOW TO READ BEFORE YOU COMMENT, NOBODY IS ASKING YOU FOR YOUR PSYCOLOGY OPINIONS, THE THREAD WAS ABOUT PITBULL JACKS AND J&S. your comments had nothing to do with neither and were totally idiotic!!, to add a lil value to the thread I even added a pic. of my pitbull jack.

Last edited by leohd; 01-22-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:57 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by solorider
My Street Glide sits on it all winter

Why??

Old 01-23-2009, 12:42 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by solorider
BS! The J&S is less expensive, made in Wisconsin by two brothers, and kicks ****! My Street Glide sits on it all winter and I can jump on it and roll it around without an ounce of worry. J&S all the way baby.
Solorider and LP, I am not saying the J&S jack isn't a good jack its just that I compared the 2 and only thing J&S had better then pitbull was price!!
#1 pitbull has 4 inch wheels vs js having 3 inch
#2pb lift height is 25 vs js 18
#3pitbull has 14 grease fittings vs don't think js has any
#4pitbull has LIFETIME WARRANTY VS JS has none stated on there web site
#5 in 5 years mine never has leaked or giving any problems vs people having problems with js
#6 pitbull comes with a handle to move the lift around VS j&S your on your knees or bent over
#7 pitbull been in business since 1989 vs j&s since 1995
#8 they both have websites to compare I don't think pitbull family owned made in usa, (I think in Tennessee) VS JS made in wisconsin by 2 brothers has anything to do with comparison in quality. so until LP and solorider can come up with as many things to prove there point like I did they can go away with there childish sensless posts calling bs

Last edited by leohd; 01-23-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:20 AM
09RKC
Tourer

>>pitbull family owned made in usa, (I think in Tennessee)<<

Someone did say they're in Paris TN, about 2hr from here. I hear a ride coming ! We're actually going to hit 62^ tomorrow.

Quick Reply: J&S vs Pitbull