Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

103 diaster

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:43 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with above, if they were a competent dealer they would not have given you back your bike in it's present condition. If they were worth their weight in salt, they'd have called you and told you that it's on, but that they need to tune it or whatevery they had to do to it in order for it to run correctly. The fact that they gave you your bike in it's present condition tells me volumes. I'd either go to another more competent dealer, or an indy that you trust, and I'm guessing that you definitely need to have a dyno done.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:35 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Until the OP comes in and finishes with some details, this is nothing more than a drive-by post IMO.

Details or ride the "POS".

Old 02-19-2010, 11:39 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by never say never
the only comment i can make is i feel sorry for you,hd dealers just want the money why would any one pay hd for any parts that should should have been installed in the first place. i have seen a lot of promises come from the dealer on thier builds and they are far less superior then friends that have gone totally after market with S&S parts,fueling makes good parts and any good machine shop can shave the heads and port and polish them and they can also bore cyclinders for you.B ut in all honestly it always seems like its the new rider that dose not have any harley experience that puts the bill on the cheap talk of the stealers.(tell the stupid S.O.B'S fix it or get your money back)and if they refuse to work work you just start showing up on saturdays when they are having thier welfare feeds for the hog members and then get in to a shouting match with the service manager!!!!!
Are you always this angry?

Old 02-19-2010, 11:42 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Until the OP comes in and finishes with some details, this is nothing more than a drive-by post IMO.

Details or ride the "POS".
Too God-damned funny!!! Very accurate too!

Old 02-19-2010, 11:49 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yikes, HOG members are now even getting blamed for bad builds!! Geesh, one minute HOG members are RUB's and the next they're on welfare! Too funny!!! LOL!!

the only comment i can make is i feel sorry for you,hd dealers just want the money why would any one pay hd for any parts that should should have been installed in the first place. i have seen a lot of promises come from the dealer on thier builds and they are far less superior then friends that have gone totally after market with S&S parts,fueling makes good parts and any good machine shop can shave the heads and port and polish them and they can also bore cyclinders for you.B ut in all honestly it always seems like its the new rider that dose not have any harley experience that puts the bill on the cheap talk of the stealers.(tell the stupid S.O.B'S fix it or get your money back)and if they refuse to work work you just start showing up on saturdays when they are having thier welfare feeds for the hog members and then get in to a shouting match with the service manager!!!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Tooth
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for the input......I am going to ask the specific questions mentioned above.........basically I feel screwed all the way around from the initial purchase. The stage 1 was done and Cycle Shack pipes were suggested ....they back fired from day one. I am no knowledgable enough to provide all the info you guys have asked....live and learn.....Ive got over $30K in this bike an I am ready to sell it.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:57 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tooth
Thank you all for the input......I am going to ask the specific questions mentioned above.........basically I feel screwed all the way around from the initial purchase. The stage 1 was done and Cycle Shack pipes were suggested ....they back fired from day one. I am no knowledgable enough to provide all the info you guys have asked....live and learn.....Ive got over $30K in this bike an I am ready to sell it.
The more info you provide the better. From what you just described I am leaning toward your bike not being tuned properly.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:58 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Take it and get it dyno'd before you do anything rash. That in itself MAY make a huge difference. Just don't have it done where you had the BB put in.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:03 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

just start showing up on saturdays when they are having thier welfare feeds for the hog members
........ really ? whoa, nobody told me about those.... is it every saturday ? when do it start ?
.... hoooboy ... another unexpected benefit of bein' a member of the gnarly owner group !

Old 02-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Tooth
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phil M is correct
255 cam....HD out of box mod....no tuner chip mod....no dyno....no pushrod check or change. I do not have unrealistic expectations but I do feel bike is "flat" between 2500 and 3000K .....an it runs rougher when under torque at that RPM....I dont want a high performance bike I want a touring bike to put alot of miles on and tell the world to KMA on......thanks all

Quick Reply: 103 diaster