Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

screamin eagle fly by wire

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 03:17 PM
ajohnston78
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default screamin eagle fly by wire

anybody have a small rundown on this ? how much does it cost ? is it worth it to add this when changing handlebars? ithink i know how it works...it gets rid of hesitation when you first hit the throttle ? thanks for the help

Old 07-23-2011, 05:56 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ajohnston78
anybody have a small rundown on this ? how much does it cost ? is it worth it to add this when changing handlebars? ithink i know how it works...it gets rid of hesitation when you first hit the throttle ? thanks for the help
What exactly are you trying to do? Extend your existing wiring or are you trying to convert from a cabled throttle to a fly by wire one?

Old 07-23-2011, 06:10 PM
jndr756
Cruiser

man i cant remember how much it cost to buy but i swear to me it was well worth the price. I put 13' cyclesmiths on my flhx and this helped out alot. Instead if the fly by wire connector being in the worst place posssible(the bend in the bars) it moves the connector just outside of the bars in the fairing. anybody that has done ths handlebar change will tell you how tight it is getting all the wiring+connectors through the bars. Cant tell you how many times i could get most of the wires through fine and the tbw connector would come apart. The screamin eagle tbw made running the wires almost simple. The biggest and most important thing i can tell you about this project and i've done 3 of them (and i'm by no means a pro hd mechanic) is to take your time and dont try and finish it in a hurry. If you get frustrated walk away from it for awhile. Oh yeah one more thing make sure you cover your front fender, cant tell you how many guys, including me, have let their outer fairing all when removing it and dent the front fender. As far as hesitation improvement, i cant really say. Maybe somebody else with more experience wil speak up but i didnt have any hesitation with my oem bars and tbw.