Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

narrowest seat for RKC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 10:55 AM
blarg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default narrowest seat for RKC?

I'll be getting my new RKC in a couple of weeksand am looking at seats. Althought the seat height doesnt feel bad, the width of the seat is keeping my heels iff the ground. It not terrible, but I would like to be more sure-footed if possible. I tried on a the reach and super reach seats and the didnt seem to help much. They just slid me forward, but didnt feel any less wide to me. I did like the "backrest" formed by the back of the seat.

There was one seat I tried that was narrower (dont remember the name) but it was so narrow at the passenger end my wife didnt like it.

Has anyone solved this problem? Im looking for a seat thats narrower in the front for easier handling while standing and normal width in the seat section for both rider and passenger.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:27 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior

Many seats will be narrower. I assume you are looking for comfort for the passenger since you mentioned that you wanted normal width in the rear. So Badlanders, Mustang Trippers, and C&C Squarebacks are out.

I would recommend researching and talking to C&C about their Sport Tour . My Sport Tour (for when the lady rides, I also ordered a Fastback for just me) is being shipped right now. Narrowness wasn't a concern to me so I didn't really ask specifically about that. C&C has great customer service and will answer all your questions. They may even be able to make the nose a little narrower if need be.

Good luck in your search.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ride a Reach daily and have found the push forward it just enough to put me where the seat is narrow. I went from tip toes to flat feet on my EGUL with a Reach (standard, not Super) and HD Profile lowers in the rear. The padding on the sides did wear in a little.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:03 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You just need some new riding boots.

Here ya go.

http://www.kisscostumes.com/destroyer-demon-bots.html

Old 10-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Corbin "close" seats are narrower at the front without giving up anything elsewhere. Plus your wife will love the comfort.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:42 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

My wife just got a 2012 Street Glide and at 5'2" tall had a little problem flat footing the bike. I did our normal modification to lower her and got her down a good bit but she still wasnt comfortable so I had to come up with a new modification to get her flat footed.

Here is a picture of her seat compared to what we do normally to lower the riding position and you can see there is a big difference in the widths of the two seats. She is flat footed and loving life, the only bad thing is we can only do this modification on 2011 or 2012 bikes and it looks a hundred times better than a reach seat does.

Super Narrow seat on the left and normal lowered seat on the right. I also had to move her a little forward so she could reach the bars good.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:46 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior

5'2" on a SG eh? Wow good work. Must have done some lowering as well?

Old 10-24-2011, 02:50 PM
blarg
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BadX
My wife just got a 2012 Street Glide and at 5'2" tall had a little problem flat footing the bike. I did our normal modification to lower her and got her down a good bit but she still wasnt comfortable so I had to come up with a new modification to get her flat footed.

Here is a picture of her seat compared to what we do normally to lower the riding position and you can see there is a big difference in the widths of the two seats. She is flat footed and loving life, the only bad thing is we can only do this modification on 2011 or 2012 bikes and it looks a hundred times better than a reach seat does.

Super Narrow seat on the left and normal lowered seat on the right. I also had to move her a little forward so she could reach the bars good.
Well since I just bought a 2012 RKC I might be n luck. I would REALLY like to get flat-footed without having to lower the suspension.

Do you have seats made up already that I could buy and send mine in when I pick up the bike (it's still 2 weeks away from being completed at the factory).

Old 10-24-2011, 07:08 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by hougz79
5'2" on a SG eh? Wow good work. Must have done some lowering as well?
I did lower the back of the bike 1 inch but being she is only 120 lbs keeps the ride good for her, I am almost twice her weight and it rides rough for me. I had to cut 2"s off the stock deflector and she still wasn't comfortable seeing over it so we had to get a 10" clear shield and I cut off 7"s....LOL

Old 10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by blarg
Well since I just bought a 2012 RKC I might be n luck. I would REALLY like to get flat-footed without having to lower the suspension.

Do you have seats made up already that I could buy and send mine in when I pick up the bike (it's still 2 weeks away from being completed at the factory).
We don't have or sell seats...sorry, we just modify customer's seats.

Quick Reply: narrowest seat for RKC?