Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great warranty service from Hogtunes

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 08:33 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

just to update.

so asked for paperwork again and shipping info.

this took a day for response..ok fine no hurry.

Got paperwork..cool some bad news. because its been so long sense I purchased it (7yrs) I have to pay 40$ shipping(thats round trip) to Canada. For me to do that its 50$ so ok.Sent them my credit card info...

now this is still not done but at this point i conclude that if your the 1% that just bought speakers from them it appears they bend backwards, if your the 99% well you get my point. guess thats fair,status quo now a days.If I have another claim with in the 13 more years of my warranty I am sure they will tack on labor lol

Last edited by voodoodrug; 06-30-2016 at 08:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-30-2016, 09:12 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,942 Likes on 2,164 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoodrug
just to update.

so asked for paperwork again and shipping info.

this took a day for response..ok fine no hurry.

Got paperwork..cool some bad news. because its been so long sense I purchased it (7yrs) I have to pay 40$ shipping(thats round trip) to Canada. For me to do that its 50$ so ok.Sent them my credit card info...

now this is still not done but at this point i conclude that if your the 1% that just bought speakers from them it appears they bend backwards, if your the 99% well you get my point. guess thats fair,status quo now a days.If I have another claim with in the 13 more years of my warranty I am sure they will tack on labor lol
I'd say you're lucky to have any warranty after 7 years. It seems 90 days or, at most, a year is the norm on electronic/electrical components. Thanks for the update.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:17 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 313 Posts

I recently changed the aftermarket radio in my Ultra with another. When I pulled the old one out, the two rubber o rings broke into several pieces. I emailed them saying I couldn't find a place on their website to order replacements. They got back to a few hours later asking me for my address and they mailed a new pair to me (no charge) which I received in two or three days.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:45 AM
Proaction14
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd pay the $40 before they tell you to go pound sand. After 7 years I would have written it off as end of life.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:36 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

omg im greatful, just wanted to note this.

hell yeh its a great service.

just got the labels printed and drove it over to the ups store for help cause never shipped to canada before...its a bit complex

they mentioned that as soon as they get a confirmation of shipment they will mail me a replacement, so thats a nice plus! if so...? either way...

I do deal with other companies that are very good too but sense there not bike related and I want to keep it quite hahaha.. i will not mention them, some are so good people send them junk from garage sales and they take it+shipping...hahaha

Old 06-30-2016, 12:05 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

originally i was looking into just repairing myself,did some research and got a headache, thats what got me thinking about warranty.I know someone that does amp repair on the side but he wanted to keep them for his bike if he fixed them! S.O.B.! but still love my brothers non the less