Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Street glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 06:24 AM
snotracks
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all your input guys! I bought my bike at Big Moose Harley in Portland, Maine. Those guys are the best and friendliest people of all dealerships in our area. I live 60 miles away too! I had much closer dealerships but no deals and not friendly people. The lady at the finacial room at the dealership said they needed to unload a certain amout of bikes before the end of the year, and as I was signing paperwork she said, by the way you got a smoking deal on this bike, and she said she had to ask the owners if this deal was a misprint, (are we really selling this bike for this much?) I felt great! I bet there are still deals at the dealership like this right now until the 31st. After that I doubt it. Anyway, love this forum, but is it a slow site or is it my computer?

Old 12-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 191 Posts

Great buy, good taste in bikes. Try installing Google Chrome or Firefox for your browser.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:31 AM
mllgator
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest you consider the Screamin' Eagle slip-ons for your exhaust. Good sound without being uncomfortably loud, especially for the little lady. They can also be easily modified if you choose to do so.
I would also suggest a Stage 1, breather. More air in, more exhaust out.
A tuner is not necessary with those two modifications. I know my suggesting a re-map ($100) from the dealer, will bring the wrath of Kahn upon me, but frankly for a hundred bucks, to recalibrate your air/fuel mixture - on a new $19k bike, is a no brainer to me. Bring it on Kahn!
I am sure the dealer also gave you a discount for a few months, so approach them and ask for your discount on all of the above. Chances are they will be glad to work with you.