Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hidden antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 10:19 AM
FINALEFFORT
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hidden antenna?

I am a new member long time reader first time poster, i bought the hidden antenna from harley so i can mach my tour pack quick disconnect, well after installing the radio just scans and never stops if i hit one of me presets it comes in but has a lot static any help??

Old 03-19-2012, 10:42 AM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check and make sure connections are correct first.. ensure no wires got pinched or grounded out... I had a powered hidden antenna on my SG... reception was crappy. Took it off.

There is a thread around here where a guy reversed his antenna mount and ran the full size antenna along side the left side of his bike. I tried that and it works! Antenna is hidden and no loss of signal to radio. I secured my antenna to the frame with two zip ties...can't see the antenna but it works.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:53 AM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 61 Posts

I tried the hidden antenna and removed it after a couple of weeks. The reception is terrible.

I could only get about 3 FM stations and those were all static and fading in and out.

I put the shorty antenna on and it works great. I just listen to cd's now when I remove the tour pak

Old 03-19-2012, 10:55 AM
FINALEFFORT
Intermediate

yes everything is where its supposed to be and my radio sucks now!! thanks boom audio for 40 bucks wasted i will do that with my antenna now

Old 03-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

The problem is in becoming a texter; i.e. no capitalization or puctuation. Just kidding.

Suggestion: Post a picture or two of the installation. You wouldn't be the first HDF'er who was convinced the installation is correct only to discocover later it wasn't.

Carl

Old 03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
dparker747
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the boom audio internal antenna and it works great. Picked up local radio station 70 miles away.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:38 AM
FINALEFFORT
Intermediate

dparker747 where did you plug in the power and ground?? and on the inner fairinf did you place the antenna?

Harleypingman i could have it done wrong i am not against that at all my wife says i do everything wrong

Old 03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FINALEFFORT
dparker747 where did you plug in the power and ground?? and on the inner fairinf did you place the antenna?

Harleypingman i could have it done wrong I am not against that at all my wife says i do everything wrong
Mine works fine, too. Plugged the power and ground to the cigarette lighter terminals and zip tied the antenna to the faring braces so I didn't have to unplug it if I remove the fairing again.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:54 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

If the little red light on the antenna doesn't come on with the ignition on..... you don't have it wired right.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:42 PM
FINALEFFORT
Intermediate

i didnt not plug into the back of the cig lighter? that has to be my problem? but the red light it on??

Quick Reply: Hidden antenna?