Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another happy JES customer

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Rucker00
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Another happy JES customer

I've been doing a lot of homework on the fork mounted wind deflectors. I told my wife that I wanted these: http://www.jescustomaccents.com/prod...&categoryId=34 for Father's day. Being a bargain hunter, she went on to JP cycles and bought these instead: http://www.jpcycles.com/product/7500110. After receiving the JP cycles version, finding out that they do not fit, changing my mind to black instead of chrome, ordering the JES black deflectors (at half the price than the chrome) and shipping the JP cycles back, the pic below is what I now have.

My main concern about these things was that they would be too hot in the summer time (as you can see from the desert terrain in the pic, this is a no $hit issue of mine). After riding with them, my oil temp showed about a 3 degrees increase and they still allow plenty of wind to keep me cool. I have an hour ride to work every day (2 hour round-trip) and I have been feeling like I just played a football game after I get off of the bike from getting beat up by the wind, not today. My glasses don't shutter nearly as bad, my shirt isn't getting wadded up into my neck anymore, and I can hear the radio better.

Now before some of you guys jump on here and write, "if you don't like the wind, then drive your cage...blah, blah, blah." This is the first bike (out of four and ten years of riding) that I have had with a fairing. I like the wind, just not 90 mph wind aimed right at my chest. There are some aerodynamics and physics explanations that I could go into to explain why there is more air being forced under the fairing and over the gas tank and into the riders chest then without the fairing at all, but I won't because that is boring and I am tired of typing. Just Google "venturi effect" if your curious about the physics (your fairing) part of it and "flow of a fluid around an airfoil (your gas tank)" for the aerodynamics piece.

Attached Thumbnails Another happy JES customer-wind.jpg  
Old 06-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Sauceman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I concur. I installed them on my 2000 EGC and it feels like a different bike. On my first ride the steering felt a little heavier once I got up to highway speed, nothing to worry about but just different enough to notice. Once I got up to speed it felt like I was riding with a constant tailwind, the radio was easier to hear, and less choppy air coming up from underneath. I also have elephant ears and batwing side deflectors.

cheers

Old 06-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Da Shadow
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone received anything from him recently?

Old 06-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Rucker00
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Shadow
Anyone received anything from him recently?
Yeah, I ordered my Fork Deflectors last Thursday and received them on Monday.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:14 PM
ja57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 91 Posts

Put mine on today. What a difference they make. No more head shaking while wearing my helmet. Heavier construction than the HD ones. Clears the lowers with out any problem. Just remember that they are side specific.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:37 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Default They sure work

Got some black ones a short while ago and absolutely love them. Thought I'd take them off between big trips but can't be bothered, (they are one of the ugliest things on the planet).

Old 06-21-2013, 07:58 PM
birdmandave
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered the chrome, had them like 4-5 days after placed. I agree makes steering feel different but benefits out weigh that. I had black one one my 01 UC. Only negative is the paint started to peel after a short period of time. That was an easy fix.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Da Shadow
Tourer

I received mine, awhile ago actually but just installed them and took a short ride last night. The mounting holes are slotted allowing a small amount of "adjustment". Any particular way that appears to make them more efficient? I tried them with both top and bottom pushed all the way towards the rear of the bike. I wasn't sure I could tell a difference. I didn't have much time so will try with the top forward and bottom rearward next. Just curious if it makes a noticeable difference.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:10 PM
IAmConverted
Cruiser

Bought me a set of these is black for my 2012 Big Blue Pearl Limited. Installed w/o any problems and didn't even have to remove my tie down mounts. Have taken several rides and am pleased that the annoying wind from below the faring has been substantially reduced.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 PM
GuNsLiNgEr420
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the same issue with buffeting on my 2013 street glide. I live down here in Baton Rouge, La and it is either hot or really hot with 90% or more humidity 1\2 the year, so I worry about engine over heating. . I got the HD adjustable wind deflectors and they worked great, I could adjust the airflow to blow more on the engine and leg area, and it seemed to stop the venturi effect.. The funny thing is it only stops it if I keep my knees on the tank, if not, I get my shirt all blown up like a balloon and wadding up.. , but it did not stop the wind buffeting that much So figured it was the windshield..

So after reading lots of post on here I bought a fast aire 8" dark tint and it worked a lot better than the stock 4" windshield but I still felt like I got punched in the head when getting off the bike. So I went to the Hd shop and they let you test their windshields for free for a day or two. So I tried the 10" wind splitter, and let me tell you what a difference. At 70+ mph there is 0 wind buffeting and still plenty of air flowing all around you. The HD 10" wind splitter is almost the same height fast aire, even though it is 10" it has more of a angle so it comes out to about the same height... I know the HD wind splitter is expensive but make a run down to the HD shop and borrow it for a day or two.. You will be sold on it!!! I believe there is another manufacturer that HD copied off from for the wind splitter; someone on here may be more help... But now I can ride for hours, hear the Stereo, and not get my head shook like a jar of nickels... Good Luck...