Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Infotainment issues Part 2.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:48 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DiabloV
Glad you showed up Dan, since you were the one who inspired this second thread. I did correct my dealer and I agree the misinformation started in Milwaukee. Unfortunately my dealer did not return my calls after getting my export file and password. We were supposed to walk through the error and view the map discrepancy so that he could escalate the issues. "Harman" BTW is intertwined with Harman Kardon. You can follow the trail from NNA to iGo to Harman - who specializes in Infotainment systems.
I did send a nasty email yesterday to Harman International asking them to assign someone to listen to us. no response yet. It's OK to have glitches/bugs with new stuff. It's NOT OK to have these things with no contact or help line. And the MoCo continues to be of no help at all with their own branded product.
I agree totally with what you are saying. There is no way to contact Harmon with questions and all that I have been told by my dealer and Harley's customer "NO-service", is that a download patch will be released in mid to late December. None of the message features work on my 14 Limited and the auto volume control does not work either. I told the Harley rep that I spoke with on the phone that I have been waiting since the first week of September for their "fix" to be released. I asked if Harley was instructing their dealers to inform potential customers that the infotainment system does not work as advertised, and I was told "NO" that wasn't necessary because there is nothing wrong with the infotainment system, and that there was just a few "glitches" in it right now.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:55 AM
eqcons
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by dubiez
Hello Jim,
How did you know/find this????????
Updated without any problem this time.
Will be back later for conclusions,
could be longer due to salt on the roads over here (ice protection),
must wait for some rain to wash it away,
Milwaukee Iron is NOT rustprotected i know from my earlier HD's :-(

Later my Garmin will be back on my bike, the iGo is inferior compared to the Garmin, in every respect.
Excellent, Dub. Glad that helped. Found the link on another forum. (I wasn't expecting a separate link, as the old HK system firmware upgrades were just one for all bikes.) The CB module is the same old one, by the way, so it will still be rubbish compared to the US one.

Plenty salt here too (I'm in Scotland) and my riding is done till Spring.

Garmin will connect via Bluetooth (see other thread on this) but it's not an ideal solution. Basically the new GPS is utter rubbish, and was plainly signed off by somebody at HD who has no idea what those of us who use a GPS for serious touring actually require. :-(

Old 11-22-2013, 08:56 AM
RWPDALLAS
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My current issues with Infotainment(with updated software):
-AVC does not work
-Motorcycle Icon does not stay selected(least of my worries, but it should work)
-After getting new iPhone and connecting USB, system goes to Indexing loop and will not work using USB, plus it causes the Favs to not work as well. Oh, USB works great if I connect the old phone....sometimes, and then sometimes I get the "Playback Stopped" message and music will no longer play.
-There are a few other minor issues I have found playing with other settings.

I have re-installed several times. I have looked for a Set to Factory Default option, which should remove all of my user configured information.

Being a computer technician, I have already tried everything the local service techs recommend.

Still love the bike, but hoping HD will provide a newer download soon to correct some of these issues.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:03 AM
eqcons
Tourer

Can we clarify which update is working ?
Please note the swdl.iso patch from the naviextras toolbox is the one giving me the issue. This file only comes from the naxiextras software and it gets downloaded to your thumb drive as soon as the server is connected and as soon as you click "OK".
I am not sure which patch people are discussing -the 1.17 patch or the one I mentioned.
Issues caused by using a wrongly formatted thumb drive will not be listed as that is spelled out in the manual. (FAT32)
The straight download(s) [as there are two] from the MoCo site, D5. Not tried anything from the amateurs at Naviextras so far.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:08 AM
eqcons
Tourer

Just to clarify - this is not the same as the "disappearing motorcycle icon" bug where it switches back to an arrow at next gps startup ?

You are saying there in NO icon available as an option at all?
Correct, D5. You can have any icon you like as long as it's a blue triangle. ;-) There are NO icons at all in the "motorcycle icon" section.

And I'm not sure about another problem; make a phone call from the bike, (Blackberry by bluetooth) on the speakers (didn't have a headset connected) and it crackles like there's no tomorrow. As I say, not sure on that one - need to have someone else with an HDI bike check it out.

The very first thing I thought and said when I turned the infotainment system on, though. WTF didn't they do it using a screen with decent (i.e. HD) resolution? Would have looked a million times better. Thinks: I know the answer - it would have cost them an extra 5$

Old 11-22-2013, 09:09 AM
DiabloV
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OK now that I understand what AVC is I will add that issue.

I can't deal with phone issues since those will overwhelm the thread, but bear in mind that HD did not promise much in the way of phone compatibility, and you can see which phones were tested on the HD website/infotainment section.

For instructions on resetting your boom box please see the link below and I take no blame if it gets screwed up:

http://www.*****************/forums/...otainment.html

Old 11-22-2013, 09:19 AM
N3WWL
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an iPhone 5 with ios version 7.0.4 and Verizon as the carrier.
Known problems as others have experienced:

*AVC does not function at all
*Motorcycle icon does not save...reverts back to default blue arrow
*iPhone connects fine via USB and music playback operates normally as does the telephone functions, but text messages do not function at all....no message icon appears, no audible alert, and the system says it's unable to sync messages. Bluetooth is functioning as I can see the bluetooth icon symbol on the radio screen.

My dealer is completely oblivious to any of these concerns and claims I'm the only one that has complained. They refuse to contact H-D to inquire of any known problems. Is it even worh a call to customer NO-service at H-D?

Last edited by N3WWL; 11-22-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:31 AM
DiabloV
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by N3WWL
Is it even worth a call to customer NO-service at H-D?
YES. If people don't call they will do nothing. They MUST listen. First thing is ask their name or employee ID so they know you are serious.
Secondly, try to use the Naviextras program ( PC ) to upload your bike image to see what maps are available, so that you can report on your experience, and the issue with the botched patch that will not install on the bike. In other words, start with the biggest issues and work your way down (to the motorcycle icon issue).

HD Customer Service 800-258-2464, 414-343-4056

Old 11-22-2013, 09:44 AM
campos
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what's interesting to me is I do not know any other manufacturer that has so many problems with there product other than Harley but still seem to have such a loyal following. By the way I love my 2011 Street Glide, but I did have to replace the radio and front brake rotors a year or two later because of defects.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:54 AM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an Android Galaxy S4 with Verizon as my carrier..

everything works....I do not have a head set...but I do get the message icon....it does send an auto reply message back...bluetooth is working fine....I see calls coming in on the screen....USB music works perfectly....and so far no crackling on the radio.....

guess time will tell......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Infotainment issues Part 2.