Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy Loud Batman!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 05:38 PM
ringonking
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy Loud Batman!!!

ok guys here is what I have,2011 ultra limited.Just put on the Vance &Hines true duels and the Screaming eagle street cannons. I also did a street tuner and air cleaner.( stage one). this setup is loud. a little too loud in fact. I don't mind loud but I don't want any hassles with the law. so here is my question, what can I do to tone down the exhaust but still have the bark and also keep the nice deep tone? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 04-04-2014, 05:50 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

That is why ya ought to listen to pipes before ya buy. All can do is change slip-ons?? Street cannons aren't real loud so I'd suggest SE/Supertrapp Fatshotz/nightsticks. They are adjustable.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:06 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 396 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
That is why ya ought to listen to pipes before ya buy. All can do is change slip-ons?? Street cannons aren't real loud so I'd suggest SE/Supertrapp Fatshotz/nightsticks. They are adjustable.

I suggest the Fatshots as well.

completely adjustable for sound or for torque/horsepower.

that's what I use

stock they look like this:

however my 09 has no cat so I use snuf'r'not endcaps, which allow me to open or close the openings with an allen key:

all the supertrapp 4 inch disc system stuff interchanges, so you can alter the sound by the disk stack, or with various endcaps- open, closed etc

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 04-04-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:08 PM
TMOUT
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the V&H Dresser Duals with V&H Twin Slash Cut Rounds, Stage 1 download, & Screaming Eagle breather. Mine is loud when I get on it, but not obnoxious. I can also putt down my street fairly quietly when I want to. All depends how much throttle I grab and which gear I'm in.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:30 PM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

I bet you wouldn't even hear your bike next to mine without the cat and CFR's...lol. But if it's too loud you will have to change slip-ons. Maybe the Screamin Eagle slip-ons, even some off a cvo?

Old 04-04-2014, 07:05 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I had Dresser Duals with the twin slash rounds and it was way too loud. Most of all the loss of bottom end torque was very noticeable. I pulled the dresser duals off and put on a OEM with gutted cat. Perfect sound with the twin slash rounds and got the bottom end back. People don't realize how much low end torque is lost with exhaust that is such free flowing. Especially these guys that run pipes with no baffles. I used to have a 07 Nightrain with straight pipes and when I sold it the new owner wanted the baffles back in. I put them in the night before he picked up the bike and took it for one last ride. WOW!!! What a difference. I got used to the crappy low end torque of no baffles. Ever since then I leave them in on my bikes.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:34 PM
ringonking
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys, I also have the dresser duels on the slip-ons are the new screaming eagle street cannons. I did listen to them before I bought them but they were on a roadking with a factory header on it. the new header pipes make them really loud. I guess I will have to see if I can unload these slip-ons and get something else. I was also thinking about some vance and hines slip-ons or maybe something else.really didn't want to have to buy other slip-ons.was hopeing there were some baffles I could get for them.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:36 PM
rockajet1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie

What he said. If Street Cannons are too loud, you are looking to the quieter end of the scale.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,424 Likes on 884 Posts

I just put Big City Thunder QQ baffles in front of my V&H 4" turndowns and header. It is REALLY REALLY quieter! Maybe too quiet. The off idle torque is noticeably better too. Joe

Old 04-04-2014, 07:59 PM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

You can also check out the thunder torque inserts that we offer at this LINK.

Here is a Dyno chart of the gains you can get:

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Quick Reply: Holy Loud Batman!!!