2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 07:27 AM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kenny55
Here's a look at the Machete wheels on my Anniversary Heritage. Also installed the V&H Eliminator's. This was supposed to be my winter project but the cold weather has moved in early this year. I guess I will be looking for something else to mod when February hits.

man that looks great!! Love it

The following users liked this post:
DESERT VIPER (12-21-2022)
Old 11-05-2018, 07:47 PM
sped
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SkullsAndChrome
Beautiful bike. I'm going to go for the vivid black as well. What bars are those? 16"?

I must have missed this. Very sorry. Those are the stock bars.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:48 PM
sped
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Can someone point me to the link for the aftermarket fangs for my '19? Thanks.

I'll remember to bookmark it this time. LOL

Never mind. I found it! Thanks again!!

Old 11-06-2018, 01:01 AM
g.pederson
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Sped,

I installed an INNOVV K2 camera system on my Cherry which includes GPS.. It required both a direct 12 volt power source which I spliced into the red wire near the main fuse. It also required a switched (Ignition) 12 volt power source which i spliced into the red/yellow wire that runs to the P&A connector under the left side cover. I did not have a plug so did not use the connector itself. That was fortunate since I just had to use that connector for the Custom Dynamics Tripple Play unit that turns my rear tail light and turn signals into an all Run/Brake and Turn operation. I use the "blue" mechanical connectors to splice into existing wires so I don't have to cut any bike wiring.

If the GPS unit requires a switched 12 Volt power source the red/yellow wire is the best source. If it designed to use a 5 volt USB source the port on the left side frame is the location to use. Howver, you will need to zip tie the USB plug into the port so vibration does not shake it lose, which happens easily. I hve a USB cable for my phone permently pluged into ,and zip tied securely to, the port and routed up to my RAM mount on the handlebars, The USB cable is also zip tied neatly along the way.
how do you like the innovv k2? I have been thinking about the same camera setup.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:01 AM
cjg431
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats your style of riding? i like a bit of punch but laid back touring anywhere from a 100 miles in a day to 300

Old 11-06-2018, 08:26 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by g.pederson
how do you like the innovv k2? I have been thinking about the same camera setup.
Originally had the K1 system which had all kinds of problems, but the K2 is a much improved system that works real well.

Pros: Works with an App on your phone if you want to monitor it, is waterproof , video image is very good. After downloading the sd card to your computer you can use Dash Cam Viewer to watch the simutaneous front and rear videos. Multiple components (DVD, 2 separate cameras, seperate power and GPS components) make the system part of the bike and not just a clamp on that is easly stolen (not a grab and run item).

Cons: Components and interconnecting wiring that make up the system are not too well thought out. Their design, which is slightly more suited to a car than a bike, if followed, requires you to mount the DVD unit somewhere torwed the rear of the bike. I wanted the DVD unit readily accessible up near the HB's and not hidden asway under the seat or in a saddlebag. Had to do some recofiguring to make this happen. The power wiring need to be extended as the wires were too short. Also,Finding good Camera mounting locations is a little difficult if you want to have a unobstructed view of the road in front or to the rear. The cameras are cylindrical and mount in a clamp like holder making them a little big and difficult to hide. Maybe the biggest con is that you need to buy a seprate large volume high quality SD card that cost about $100 in order to get the maximum number of recording hours. And...to be warned, the small SD card is a PITA to put in and take out of the DVD.

Just a little bit more information. The system works with the App on your phone, but it is not Bluetooth. It actually becomes an Internet type connection which confuses the phone when you are in range of your home router.

And, for me to mount the DVD near the HB's I had to design and bend up a mounting plate that mounts using the riser clamp bolts.

This is a China Company and a little difficult to work with. Any replies to E-mail communications take at least 2-3 days. Their technology is good, but the installation and operating istructions are poor. Nothing is really user friendly. Not sure they know very much about MC's.

All in all I like the INNOVV K2 system and like the idea of the valuable information it would document in the event of some sort of event as a result of others from the rear or from ahead. I have been downloading the SD card to my computer and keeping a library of my rides, but after watching one or two I can tell you the videos are boreing and the rides seem much longer than in real life. Probably won't be keeping the videos for very long as there is really nothing of importance to be viewed.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:34 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by g.pederson
Originally had the K1 system which had all kinds of problems, but the K2 is a much improved system that works real well.

Pros: Works with an App on your phone if you want to monitor it, is waterproof , video image is very good. After downloading the sd card to your computer you can use Dash Cam Viewer to watch the simutaneous front and rear videos. Multiple components (DVD, 2 separate cameras, seperate power and GPS components) make the system part of the bike and not just a clamp on that is easly stolen (not a grab and run item).

Cons: Components and interconnecting wiring that make up the system are not too well thought out. Their design, which is slightly more suited to a car than a bike, if followed, requires you to mount the DVD unit somewhere torwed the rear of the bike. I wanted the DVD unit readily accessible up near the HB's and not hidden asway under the seat or in a saddlebag. Had to do some recofiguring to make this happen. The power wiring need to be extended as the wires were too short. Also,Finding good Camera mounting locations is a little difficult if you want to have a unobstructed view of the road in front or to the rear. The cameras are cylindrical and mount in a clamp like holder making them a little big and difficult to hide. Maybe the biggest con is that you need to buy a seprate large volume high quality SD card that cost about $100 in order to get the maximum number of recording hours. And...to be warned, the small SD card is a PITA to put in and take out of the DVD.

Just a little bit more information. The system works with the App on your phone, but it is not Bluetooth. It actually becomes an Internet type connection which confuses the phone when you are in range of your home router.

And, for me to mount the DVD near the HB's I had to design and bend up a mounting plate that mounts using the riser clamp bolts.

This is a China Company and a little difficult to work with. Any replies to E-mail communications take at least 2-3 days. Their technology is good, but the installation and operating istructions are poor. Nothing is really user friendly. Not sure they know very much about MC's.

All in all I like the INNOVV K2 system and like the idea of the valuable information it would document in the event of some sort of event as a result of others from the rear or from ahead. I have been downloading the SD card to my computer and keeping a library of my rides, but after watching one or two I can tell you the videos are boreing and the rides seem much longer than in real life. Probably won't be keeping the videos for very long as there is really nothing of importance to be viewed.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:12 AM
Jasbel
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tank badges

Hi

i currently own a 2018 Harley Softail Heritage Classic 114

has anyone removed Tank Badges from a Denium Finish Paint, I have removed many tank badges over the years but the paint has always been a Gloss Finish never on a Denium Finish

has anyone been successful in removing badges from a Denium finish Tank with out damaging to he paint, if so could you please share your secrets with us all on how its done

cheers

The following users liked this post:
DESERT VIPER (12-21-2022)
Old 11-07-2018, 12:26 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasbel
Hi

i currently own a 2018 Harley Softail Heritage Classic 114

has anyone removed Tank Badges from a Denium Finish Paint, I have removed many tank badges over the years but the paint has always been a Gloss Finish never on a Denium Finish

has anyone been successful in removing badges from a Denium finish Tank with out damaging to he paint, if so could you please share your secrets with us all on how its done

cheers
I removed them on my ‘09 denim fat bob with zero issues, but the new paints seem thinner so on my 114 Heritage I chickened out and had the dealer do it...figured if they messed it up they’d cover it. Came out fine. Worth the 1/2 hour labor charge imo.

With the ‘09 I didn’t do anything special, just heat gently and pry off. Then I used some goo gone to clean up some residue. Washed with warm soapy water when done. With Denim finish you don’t want to rub it much as it will get shiny. Gentle cleaning does the trick.

Last edited by Thingfish; 11-07-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:00 PM
Jasbel
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for that much appreciated

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread