Old 06-14-2019, 04:03 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by TxSpeedster
IMO

Bassani: Louder volume
Rinehart: Deeper tone

That is not to say Rineharts are not loud or Bassani lacks deep tones. It is simply a comparison of the pipes as I heard them on 18-19 Heritages. Remember that tuning, inserts, baffles, etc, can alter the volume and tone of any exhaust.

Thanks, it helps me get a picture as I’ve heard the Rinehart in person at least. Have you checked out the Freedom Performance Duals?

These aren’t Fishtails, but nice tone...

this is Fishtail, but don’t love the sound....could be the camera though. Sounds like there’s no oil in that motor lol. Supposedly good quality and do have baffle options...

their shop is only about 90 minutes from me so I may have to check them out in person, but only open weekdays so tough to get to..

you can see they route the rear jug rear jug straight back...

Old 06-14-2019, 05:36 PM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by gscully
Thats is a great price. I’m surprised no takers. Your ad in the For Sale section says Sold
I marked it sold because I did not see a way to edit or delete. I am keeping it.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:36 PM
sped
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TxSpeedster
Did you already get them? If you are near DFW I would be glad to meet up and let you hear them in person before buying.

Thanks! I think I've found someone local with a set to listen to. Thanks again!

Old 06-15-2019, 05:29 AM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 291 Posts

Anybody using a locking gas cap? If so, which cap is preferred?

Old 06-15-2019, 08:06 AM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

Removed my pillion pad to go with the solo look. The adhesive on that protective film. Takes a lot of time and elbow grease to remove it. Since the pillion was gone I removed the passenger foot pegs. It took a breaker bar to break the bolts loose that hold the brackets in place. Afterwards there was a tremendous amount of friction in removing the bolts. Almost like they were cross threaded. They used some kind of extremely strong grey thread locker and a lot of it. As hot as those bolts got I am surprised one or the other did not break off. My suggestion, after the fact, is to leave them. Or go extremely slow and use a lot of penetrating oil.

The following users liked this post:
Thingfish (06-15-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 03:24 PM
adegeorge
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Broken suspension bolt

Well my long weekend of riding has been put on hold due to the suspension adjuster mounting bolt shearing off and lodging the adjuster between the shock and fender. Shock and fender will need to be replaced. Should be covered under the warranty. The dealership said it’s the second one they’ve had come in in the last month. I asked what may have caused it and they said they’re unsure, may be that it’s mounted too high and constantly hitting the seat might break it off.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:33 PM
sped
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by adegeorge
Well my long weekend of riding has been put on hold due to the suspension adjuster mounting bolt shearing off and lodging the adjuster between the shock and fender. Shock and fender will need to be replaced. Should be covered under the warranty. The dealership said it’s the second one they’ve had come in in the last month. I asked what may have caused it and they said they’re unsure, may be that it’s mounted too high and constantly hitting the seat might break it off.

Probably a stupid question but how did you discover the bolt was broken? Was there a noticeable difference in the ride or were you just pulling the seat and found the issue?

Old 06-16-2019, 06:23 AM
adegeorge
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sped
Probably a stupid question but how did you discover the bolt was broken? Was there a noticeable difference in the ride or were you just pulling the seat and found the issue?
I was riding to work and felt it pop under the seat. I pulled the seat off when I got there and saw it was broken.

The following 2 users liked this post by adegeorge:
FM500 (06-17-2019), sped (06-16-2019)
Old 06-16-2019, 06:25 AM
KMBike
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone removed the bib from the tank for a cleaner look or to install a new/custom bib? If so, what does it entail and is difficult?

Old 06-16-2019, 10:04 AM
Hlgsn1
Tourer
Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by KMBike
Has anyone removed the bib from the tank for a cleaner look or to install a new/custom bib? If so, what does it entail and is difficult?

One screw on the back of the tank. And then the one bolt that holds the console on. Lift up the console , there are two of those push on speed nut things holding the tank bib on. Pry them off and don't destroy the little plastic posts incase you want to put it back on. Simple will only take a couple minutes.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread