2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 07:55 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Are the front forks 49mm? Has anyone added adjustable fork caps like the RSD? Will the ones off a Dyna fit the Heritage if they are both 49mm? I have a set on my dyna that work great but dont want to go through the hassle of taking them off just to try unless someone has already tested them.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:19 AM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

So after installing the Custom Dynamics Front LED Ringz, I started to have issues with Passing lights, they turn off unexpectedly after about a min or so, and wont turn back on unless I turn bike off and back on. I called Custom Dynamics (which customer service is amazing BTW) and they suggested that I check the DIAG codes while turning on the bike with holding down the trip button. Pretty cool. I then saw I had a B2108h error code. researched all around the internet and can't find much. I took out the LED lights and put back the original bulbs and cleared the error code. And yet after riding down the block the error came back and same passing light issue. Now Im clueless what to do besides taking it to Dealership for warranty.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:02 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Rineharts

Originally Posted by Ronin99
Any votes for exhaust on a bike like mine?
I, as have a number of other '18 Heritage owners who frequent this forum, have gone with Rinehart Slip-ons.

Sound is not too loud but loud enough when you need it.

The following users liked this post:
A1A (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 05:53 AM
BiG.TC
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Ronin Just keep it stock. That’s the words I live by.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Getting pretty put off by the lack of aftermarket parts or even official parts for the Heritage. unable to find any way to have passenger foot boards. unable to find a black shift lever, can find a arlen ness one, but then you cant have the whole same type because the other parts dont fit (toe heel levers, floorboard. I haven't seen a lot of custom modded heritages for 2018, maybe its still too soon?

Old 05-08-2018, 02:17 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Proctous
Getting pretty put off by the lack of aftermarket parts or even official parts for the Heritage. unable to find any way to have passenger foot boards. unable to find a black shift lever, can find a arlen ness one, but then you cant have the whole same type because the other parts dont fit (toe heel levers, floorboard. I haven't seen a lot of custom modded heritages for 2018, maybe its still too soon?
I wanted to put a heel shifter on my Cherry. Was only available in chrome. Bought it and had it powder coated black. Fortunately, there is a local powder coating shop near by and for a small part, if you wait till he is doing a biger gloss black job, he will include the part at a very reasonable price. Did the same thing with a Helmet lock that was only available in chrome.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:01 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Default New "old" subject - Lowering an '18 Heritage Classic

I had asked a few months ago (in a post I can't find) if anyone had Lowered a '18 Heritage using H-D Low Profile Rear Monoshock and Low Profile Front Suspension.

Never did hear if anyone has actually installed these H-D lowering kits so I guess I will possibly be the first (at least in this Forum).

I despertly need that extra inch (lower), so I went ahead and ordered both the Rear Monoshock and the Front Suspension kit. Going to start with the rear as this seems to be the easyest to change out and I think I can do it.

I'll probably hold on to the Front kit for a while untill I can find someone to help with the install that wont charge me an off the wall cost for labor.

It will be a while before the Rear is done but will post the results as soon as possible.

Keep tuned in.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:19 PM
StevieRay59
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

Rineharts
Originally Posted by FrankEV
I, as have a number of other '18 Heritage owners who frequent this forum, have gone with Rinehart Slip-ons.

Sound is not too loud but loud enough when you need it.
I have 300 miles on my Rineharts. For me their a little too loud. Sound really good above 3000 but still to loud cruising from 2-3000.I guess 48 yrs
of bikes and rock n roll have me rethinking this bike lol. Gonna get another RB Racing Black hole 2/1 pipe, like I had on my 2014 Limited. Probably
sell these like new Rineharts. Getting old sucks.

Last edited by StevieRay59; 05-08-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by StevieRay59

Rineharts

I have 300 miles on my Rineharts. For me their a little too loud. Sound really good above 3000 but still to loud cruising from 2-3000.I guess 48 yrs
of bikes and rock n roll have me rethinking this bike lol. Gonna get another RB Racing Black hole 2/1 pipe, like I had on my 2014 Limited. Probably
sell these like new Rineharts. Getting old sucks.

I feel the same way. I modded some stockers and they were too loud and harsh. Did not fit the Heritage at all imo. I’m looking for that “in between” sound. Tabs with Louvered Baffles might be ok, but I’m not sure. Vids of the Cobra Neighbor Haters sound oddly not too loud despite the name...problem is I can’t find their model 6048 (fits Heritage and Deluxe) anywhere...just the 6047 which is for the Breakout, Slim, Fatboy...

Last edited by Thingfish; 05-09-2018 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:16 AM
nrs018train
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning on getting a heritage shortly. I can picture the bike in my head with no bags or windshield, bars, much larger wheels, and pipes. Anyone have a setup similar?

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread