2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 07:22 AM
IanMass
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

On a 107, was price sensitive given I was paying with insurance $ after totaling my FB - good size bike. Tried looking at used kings before purchase. LIke the rineharts even in chrome, good balance of black and chrome kinda panhead old school, without the previous versions silver stud mania. Will need lindbar. Also wanna roll up the mini apes a bit or do risers - anyone try that yet?

Last edited by IanMass; 08-21-2018 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:24 PM
kenny55
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

I think this thread will live on for at least another year as the new 2019 Heritage Classic is about the same as the 2018. More color options.

The only thing I see that has changed is the Primary Cover has been redesigned to be a slimmer profile so that it doesn't stick out so far. The new cover is available in Black, Satin, and Chrome and fits the 2018s

Old 08-21-2018, 10:01 PM
BiG.TC
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Doing some new parts checking on the hd website. And looks like our heritages can now have some passenger floorboards. This for sure is now on my mod list.
Part Number 50501118
Part Number 50501114
looks like need both set

Old 08-22-2018, 11:01 AM
jwade
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BiG.TC
Doing some new parts checking on the hd website. And looks like our heritages can now have some passenger floorboards. This for sure is now on my mod list.
Part Number 50501118
Part Number 50501114
looks like need both set
It is in my list too. I may wait till spring. Thanks for update. I like new primary cover too.

Still no wind deflector. I guess I will just go ahead with after market. I am considering one of these 3. Let me know which one you guys think is best.

https://www.leadermotorcycle.com/col...8-standard-bar

https://jescustomaccents.com/WindDef...-P-SFTails.htm

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/750...-custom-lowers

Old 08-22-2018, 11:23 AM
eamrein
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the JES Customs on my Freewheeler. Work perfectly..

Old 08-22-2018, 11:25 AM
jwade
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like new Harley passenger floorboards will cost 500 bucks. Sometimes I feel I should have just bought Road King. Not sure what was my reason for not buying Road King.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:42 PM
sectime
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

I took mine to dealer yesterday for service and couple of issues. First was what I thought was a front brake or wheel bearing grumbling scraping sound. Didn't act like normal though, no change when steering, no change when hard braking, but speed related. Three techs then service Mgr rode it all heard it and thought front also. After teardown nothing. So Mgr called HD and was told to check belt and cover. The light went on I remembered a post here about same issue. Belt was loose, but he said the rear axle nut was loose, which got my attention. I know it has a safety clip but damn. He also tweaked the cover I rode it noise is gone. The other issue is a squeak in front of engine only when hot. couple of techs said they heard on other 18 softails, HD is "investigating" right now it's a feature. Got plenty of warranty and ESP to no worries for me. Just sounds like crap. Last thing was I had the Aux lights programed to work with the High beam, like my Ultra. This is deer country and I want to see what is about to kill me instead of it being a complete surprise

Old 08-22-2018, 01:57 PM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by sectime
I took mine to dealer yesterday for service and couple of issues. First was what I thought was a front brake or wheel bearing grumbling scraping sound. Didn't act like normal though, no change when steering, no change when hard braking, but speed related. Three techs then service Mgr rode it all heard it and thought front also. After teardown nothing. So Mgr called HD and was told to check belt and cover. The light went on I remembered a post here about same issue. Belt was loose, but he said the rear axle nut was loose, which got my attention. I know it has a safety clip but damn. He also tweaked the cover I rode it noise is gone. The other issue is a squeak in front of engine only when hot. couple of techs said they heard on other 18 softails, HD is "investigating" right now it's a feature. Got plenty of warranty and ESP to no worries for me. Just sounds like crap. Last thing was I had the Aux lights programed to work with the High beam, like my Ultra. This is deer country and I want to see what is about to kill me instead of it being a complete surprise
I was hearing similar noise and thought it was brake or bearing related. I may check my rear axle nut now. Only have 700 miles on it, so about ready for first service. I will mention my symptoms.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:45 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by sectime
... Last thing was I had the Aux lights programed to work with the High beam...
Was that a simple programing thing or did they have to do any rewiring?

I feel this should be standard...in my mind it is a safety issue for seeing or being seen!!

Old 08-22-2018, 02:56 PM
sectime
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by army_eod
I was hearing similar noise and thought it was brake or bearing related. I may check my rear axle nut now. Only have 700 miles on it, so about ready for first service. I will mention my symptoms.
i think the belt tension is what he said caused the noise, I don’t see how but it’s gone.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread