2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 01:48 PM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just took my Bike to dealer for 5k service this morning. going to cost $439. I will not be paying this price again. will get the dang book and do my self in garage.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:59 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Lowered my '18 Heritage

Originally Posted by FrankEV
I had asked a few months ago (in a post I can't find) if anyone had Lowered a '18 Heritage using H-D Low Profile Rear Monoshock and Low Profile Front Suspension.

Never did hear if anyone has actually installed these H-D lowering kits so I guess I will possibly be the first (at least in this Forum).

I despertly need that extra inch (lower), so I went ahead and ordered both the Rear Monoshock and the Front Suspension kit. Going to start with the rear as this seems to be the easyest to change out and I think I can do it.

I'll probably hold on to the Front kit for a while untill I can find someone to help with the install that wont charge me an off the wall cost for labor.

It will be a while before the Rear is done but will post the results as soon as possible.

Keep tuned in.
Well I installed the HD Low profile rear monoshock on my Cherry today. Took my time as I wasn't sure how difficult a job it was going to be. Turned out to be very easy. Took me less than 2 hours including time to run to Autozone to purchase a T45 Star (Torx) Bit for the bottom screw. This screw needed a heavy duty 3/8 inch drive to break it free. I did need my bike lift to move the bike up and down, first to get the original shock out and then to align the bolts when reassembling.

Now I can almost flat foot both sides in my slip on boat shoes. Should be no problem with my thick soled riding boots. Could not go out for a test ride yet because the weather is terrible here in Central Florida....Rain, Rain and More Rain. Maybe there will be break tomorrow.

I purchased the Low Profile Front Suspension also, but will wait for my son to visit befor attempting to install. Also believe I need to purchase a special tool for the job.

I did not change out the Jiffy stand yet as recommendedt but will probably do so when I install the Lower front suspension. Will have to make sure I don't park on a up slope on the left side of the bike as the bike stands slightly more vertical now.

As soon as all checks out OK, I will have an almost brand new '18 Heritage rear Monoshock available for sale.

The following users liked this post:
A1A (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 02:29 PM
aerojim
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Proctous
So after installing the Custom Dynamics Front LED Ringz, I started to have issues with Passing lights, they turn off unexpectedly after about a min or so, and wont turn back on unless I turn bike off and back on. I called Custom Dynamics (which customer service is amazing BTW) and they suggested that I check the DIAG codes while turning on the bike with holding down the trip button. Pretty cool. I then saw I had a B2108h error code. researched all around the internet and can't find much. I took out the LED lights and put back the original bulbs and cleared the error code. And yet after riding down the block the error came back and same passing light issue. Now Im clueless what to do besides taking it to Dealership for warranty.
I was thinking about adding these lights also, but will hold off if there are any issues. How did you make out at the dealer? Hope all works out well for you.. those CD lights do look good.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:38 PM
aerojim
Novice
Default Seat Question

I picked up my 2018 Heritage last week and really enjoyed the ride home and loved the ride and the way the bike handled but hated the seat. Just could not get comfortable and felt like I was sitting on a brick. I traded in my 09 Heritage, which was a trouble free bike loved the seat and drivers backrest.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket seat with good results? I've had some good results with Mustang seats in the past with a few jap bikes that I've owned but I'm reluctant to spend that much on an aftermarket seat until I hear some feedback from other guys with the same bike.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:55 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by aerojim
I was thinking about adding these lights also, but will hold off if there are any issues.
I have Custom Dynamics LED's installed in both the Front and Rear Turn Signals plus I installed their Brake light. No problems with any other lights.

The following users liked this post:
aerojim (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 06:15 PM
A1A
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Good job Frank glad you got it lowered my friend.
Cheers

Old 05-18-2018, 06:25 PM
A1A
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Just wondering if anybody else gets moisture inside the Speedometer and consequently get streaking under the glass face?
Cheers

Old 05-18-2018, 06:44 PM
Proctous
Intermediate

I was thinking about adding these lights also, but will hold off if there are any issues. How did you make out at the dealer? Hope all works out well for you.. those CD lights do look good.
yeah everything is good, just need to get the book to did it my self. not much videos on youtube yet for our bike.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:47 PM
Proctous
Intermediate

I picked up my 2018 Heritage last week and really enjoyed the ride home and loved the ride and the way the bike handled but hated the seat. Just could not get comfortable and felt like I was sitting on a brick. I traded in my 09 Heritage, which was a trouble free bike loved the seat and drivers backrest.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket seat with good results? I've had some good results with Mustang seats in the past with a few jap bikes that I've owned but I'm reluctant to spend that much on an aftermarket seat until I hear some feedback from other guys with the same bike.
The sundowner seat i think feels really good. that's what i got. also got the matching passenger seat but widest width available and rear backrest. looks and feels great.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:47 PM
aerojim
Novice

Originally Posted by A1A
Just wondering if anybody else gets moisture inside the Speedometer and consequently get streaking under the glass face?
Cheers
I haven't had my bike but a week so no I have not experienced any moisture I the speedo. Having said that it use to happen to my 09 Heritage all the time

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread