2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 11:57 AM
almico
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The good news...I've got 1500 miles on the bike and 1000 on the stage III kit and it's breaking in nicely. Or I am, not sure which. But I am really enjoying this bike more and more every ride. With the big bore and torque cam, it really pulls.

Bad news: after trying half a dozen times to get the baffles out of my Rineharts, I finally gave up after delaminating about 6"sq of chrome plating. Rust can't be far behind.

So I'm thinking about a 2 into 1 set up. I would like something where I can pull the baffles and tweak the sound to my liking, maybe add some TT inserts, maybe some batting, etc. There is certainly enough performance and I'm not looking to squeeze the last hp out of her.

Any recommendations for a complete 2-1 exhaust system?

Old 06-22-2018, 11:57 AM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish

There’s a philips screw at the bottom of each trim ring. Just try snugging them a bit. In my case it was the right side passing lamp.

I finally found it by having my wife hold the throttle at 2900rpms in neutral while I went around the front end with hands trying to see what would stop the buzz. A little squeeze on that ring and all was quiet. Best of luck.
thanks! Will check as soon as I get home.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:48 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerep2147
Cruise can be added to any of the new softail models that don't already have it. Sport Glide and Heritage both come with it.
https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...09-41000369--1
thanks for that . looking at the kit i wonder if i could add a switch myself and find somebody to turn it on by flashing the ECM .

Old 06-23-2018, 01:44 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by almico
The good news...I've got 1500 miles on the bike and 1000 on the stage III kit and it's breaking in nicely. Or I am, not sure which. But I am really enjoying this bike more and more every ride. With the big bore and torque cam, it really pulls.

Bad news: after trying half a dozen times to get the baffles out of my Rineharts, I finally gave up after delaminating about 6"sq of chrome plating. Rust can't be far behind.

So I'm thinking about a 2 into 1 set up. I would like something where I can pull the baffles and tweak the sound to my liking, maybe add some TT inserts, maybe some batting, etc. There is certainly enough performance and I'm not looking to squeeze the last hp out of her.

Personally I’ve liked the V&H Pro Pipe on my other bikes. Has adjustable baffles. Runs about $799. It’s s longer pipe which I think fits the Heritage better than the Bassani Road Rage, D&D, or Two Brothers. Quality is nice too. I’d like to hear it on the M8 besides just on YouTube...it gets a little chunky at the pipe end, but it sounds pretty good on the Internet.

Thunderheader will probably also come out with something soon.

Last edited by Thingfish; 06-23-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:22 AM
Justin Essig
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Badbagger09
Question for 114 owners, is there any heat issues during operation in hot weather or slow traffic? My wife has a CVO Deluxe 110 and the heat from her oil tank after operation gives off a lot of heat which is more noticeable when she is in traffic. I am looking to purchase a 114 Heritage but don't want the same issue.
Any input would be appreciated.
Dont worry that extra 2 qts of oil in motor lowers temp by 20 30 f. i have a anv stage 2 se hp 462 cam fat cat dnd exhaust 2.1 and im running amsoil which gives me another 15 to 20 f cooler temp. i ride hard all the time and i can pull legs tight to the center with no discomfort. 107 whp 118 wtq SAE power vision tuner dynojet. after warranty im doing another cam 222 woods or something maybe aerocharger

Old 06-25-2018, 09:33 AM
Justin Essig
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Thingfish

Personally I’ve liked the V&H Pro Pipe on my other bikes. Has adjustable baffles. Runs about $799. It’s s longer pipe which I think fits the Heritage better than the Bassani Road Rage, D&D, or Two Brothers. Quality is nice too. I’d like to hear it on the M8 besides just on YouTube...it gets a little chunky at the pipe end, but it sounds pretty good on the Internet.

Thunderheader will probably also come out with something soon.
2 n 1 d&d fat cat awesome sound and also max performance because thats all they put out.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Justin Essig
4th Gear

[QUOTE=Justin Essig;17461294]2 n 1 d&d fat cat awesome sound and also max performance because thats all they put out. if you want a sound clip ill make a video after everyone is awake lol

Old 06-25-2018, 10:10 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin Essig
2 n 1 d&d fat cat awesome sound and also max performance because thats all they put out.

That looks pretty good. Video would be great. The Bassani and Two Brothers are too short for the Heritage for my taste. The D&D is longer than I realized and definitely fits well.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:49 AM
Proctous
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Justin Essig
ok that looks pretty cool. would like to hear it as well.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Proctous
Intermediate

Originally Posted by almico

Why were you trying to rip out the Cat on the Rineharts? Im installing them this Tuesday. I had the V&H Short shots on my sportster and man where they loud. Even with quite baffles.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread