2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 05:23 AM
Philzy
Novice
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by not_so_newb
just askin' ... wouldn't the 2018 map work ? i haven't heard of any changes other than the color between the 18's and the 19's .

edit: i understand V&H would be reluctant to say they work without having actually tested everything .
I thought the same thing. When I initially hooked up the FP3 and did the firmware update, it recognized my skoot as a 2019 and locked in the VIN. I think that’s the problem. It sees a 2019 but doesn’t see a map for the 2019 even though the ‘18 is the same. If it would allow me to choose a 2018 map I would've done it. That’s said, it doesn’t show any exhausts, intakes or any other upgrades in the drop down menus. They’re all blank. And when you try to select anything it directs you to customer service.

The following users liked this post:
not_so_newb (09-16-2018)
Old 09-15-2018, 09:13 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by tx freebird
I brought this home yesterday after the initial 100 mikes. I still have some tinkering to do for fit and function, but experienced less buffeting at 70+ mph than I had expected based on this thread. I am pretty sure this is the first H-D I ever rode home with a bone stock engine, but my previous experience with the touring Milwaukee 8 was positive, The fun begins now.

Congrats on the bike. I haven’t had any issue with buffeting either. In fact it’s many times better than my old RK, even when I had a Long Ride recurve on it. These Heritages work well out of the box if you’re the right height. Got a lot of smiles ahead of you.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:30 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

I brought this home yesterday after the initial 100 mikes. I still have some tinkering to do for fit and function, but experienced less buffeting at 70+ mph than I had expected based on this thread. I am pretty sure this is the first H-D I ever rode home with a bone stock engine, but my previous experience with the touring Milwaukee 8 was positive, The fun begins now.

Congrats and welcome to the '18 Heritage Club...looks very familiar

Yeah, lots of tinkering to be done...you can see the things I have done to mine. For the 107 I would highly suggest considering early on a Stage I SE Ventilator upgrade and a Tune with the SE Streeet tuner. Makes a significant difference in Idle RPM and much better throttle responce when taking off from a standing stop. Mine always sounded like it was going to stall when ideling and there was a definate hesitation in the throtle responce when starting out in 1st.

Enjoy and ride safe

Old 09-15-2018, 07:20 PM
War Paint
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tab Performance

Added Tab Performance, Zombie baffles, with the black end cap. Love the sound! This bike roars. The slip ons give it a nice idle and I can cruise into the neighborhood without upsetting the neighbors. However, she opens up when I get on it and quiets down to a nice deep tone for the longer cruise. I would highly recommend.

bduds65 (11-11-2021)
Old 09-15-2018, 08:31 PM
tx freebird
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

The rain continues, so no additional riding this weekend. Priority one for me is to clean up the rear end. I don't ride two up, so a solo seat and other goodies are ordered. I am going to defer mufflers & street tuner until I find a sound I like, Stage 1 is about $1300, which is more than I want to spend for sound. So far I can live with the idle, I am aware of the warranty implications for non-compliant mufflers and/or tuners, so I will stick with the stock setup for now.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:50 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,658 Likes on 943 Posts

Has anyone removed the reflectors from the saddle bags, and if so what did you fill the holes with?

Old 09-16-2018, 06:27 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

I am going to defer mufflers & street tuner until I find a sound I like, Stage 1 is about $1300, which is more than I want to spend for sound. So far I can live with the idle, I am aware of the warranty implications for non-compliant mufflers and/or tuners, so I will stick with the stock setup for now.
I only did the Stage I upgrade to the Oval SE Ventilator and bought the H-D Street tuner, approximatly $600. H-D Items so no warenty concerns.

My dealer has no concerns about the Rinhart Slip-ons I put on. However, I do have the stock units in my storage unit for the situation wher I would have to take it in for a major engine warenty work. Quick swap.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:44 AM
tx freebird
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I really like what you have done to your bike, based on the picture and previous posts. Your mods have made it fit you as well as making it unique. In a parking lot with several 2-18 Twisted Cherry FLFCs, yours would definitely stand out.

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Congrats and welcome to the '18 Heritage Club...looks very familiar

Yeah, lots of tinkering to be done...you can see the things I have done to mine.

Enjoy and ride safe

FrankEV (09-16-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 09:03 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Philzy

I thought the same thing. When I initially hooked up the FP3 and did the firmware update, it recognized my skoot as a 2019 and locked in the VIN. I think that’s the problem. It sees a 2019 but doesn’t see a map for the 2019 even though the ‘18 is the same. If it would allow me to choose a 2018 map I would've done it. That’s said, it doesn’t show any exhausts, intakes or any other upgrades in the drop down menus. They’re all blank. And when you try to select anything it directs you to customer service.
well that sucks . they're making these bikes too damn smart these days ! hopefully maps will be available soon .

Old 09-16-2018, 09:35 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
Has anyone removed the reflectors from the saddle bags, and if so what did you fill the holes with?
I believe they are only on with a strong dbl stick tape or adhesive and can be removed darefully without any damage. Others have mentioned doing so. Goo-gone will remove any sticky residue.

I chose not to remove, but wanting to tone down the bright colors that stood out like a sore thumb, I sprayed them with smoke tint intended for plastic auto lamp lenses. They still reflect, but are now very unnoticable.

Since... the rear bags have been replaced...no reflectors. Smoke tinted fork reflectors still there.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread