2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 06:25 PM
tx freebird
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by escalade6103
ive got a brand new harley Hammock seat with removeable backrest for sale. only used about 100 miles
Thank you, but I am specifically looking for the Mustang Solo seat

Old 09-09-2018, 07:07 PM
escalade6103
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Harley Hammock seat PN 52000290 and adjustable back rest PN 52300409. $450 shipped

Last edited by escalade6103; 09-09-2018 at 10:17 PM. Reason: pic update
Old 09-10-2018, 01:19 AM
stinkerbill
Road Captain
Received 171 Likes on 82 Posts

I bought the Sundowner seat and the Gresshopper backrest.

The other day I went for a 3 hour round trip. Within about 100 yards, it was obvious the backrest was of no use - I have Hollywood Bars on my Heritage, which I guess leans me a touch forward compared to the stock bars AND because the sundowner has a thicker back-of-seat, the backrest bracket is not 100% flush with the search mounting bracket...

End result being my back doesn’t ‘reach’ the backrest.

It’s not all bad... the sundowner was so comfy I’m not sure I needed the backrest, however, that said, on the home stretch I did feel that being able to lean into something might be nice.

So, I’ll tinker with the bracket, see if I can ‘bend’ it a touch to reach where it needs to be, but for now, the Sundowner is pretty perfect.

Old 09-10-2018, 02:05 AM
g.pederson
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Introducing myself to this thread. Picked up a 2018 Heritage 107 last Thursday and now all it has done is rained so very little riding time. Road metrics previously since I started riding in the 90’s and I have to say this is the best I have ridden so far. I have had Honda Shadow 750, Yamaha 1300 tourer, and Yamaha Stryker 1300 which I modded a lot. First item on my list is to fix the exhaust sound. I had cobra swepts on the Yamaha and they were loud and got a lot of drone in my modular helmet. I am hoping to find someting slightly quieter and lower tone. I started looking at the Street Cannons, Vance and Hines Eliminator 300, and Rinehart 3.5. Seems like the SC is just better than stock slightly which is below what I would like. Rinehart seems ok but might be a bit loud. Anyone have experience with the Eliminator 300 from V&H? Could you share you experience and if so sound.

I shyed away from Harley for too many years because I knew if I rode one and met the people the culture would have me smiling all the way home. Look forward to learning from those on these forums.

Old 09-10-2018, 04:49 AM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by stinkerbill
I bought the Sundowner seat and the Gresshopper backrest.

The other day I went for a 3 hour round trip. Within about 100 yards, it was obvious the backrest was of no use - I have Hollywood Bars on my Heritage, which I guess leans me a touch forward compared to the stock bars AND because the sundowner has a thicker back-of-seat, the backrest bracket is not 100% flush with the search mounting bracket...

End result being my back doesn’t ‘reach’ the backrest.

It’s not all bad... the sundowner was so comfy I’m not sure I needed the backrest, however, that said, on the home stretch I did feel that being able to lean into something might be nice.

So, I’ll tinker with the bracket, see if I can ‘bend’ it a touch to reach where it needs to be, but for now, the Sundowner is pretty perfect.
Interesting in that I have the same seat/rest combo and it is perfect. I run stock bars.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:22 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

My Grasshopper back rest was usless with my Reach seat. They sent be a new on with an extention built into the slip in plate at no cost. I just sent the oroginal back to them. Made a world of difference.

The following users liked this post:
Buster217 (09-12-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 11:15 AM
IanMass
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pulled the trigger on Stage 1, rineharts and heal toe shifter at my 1000 mi check up.$$ wow! It was just too quiet and the bike warranty extends to this modification so why not....They have to look at vibration causing gas cap to buzz, make clutch more smooth and grease that wimpy sidestand.

Old 09-10-2018, 11:42 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by IanMass
Pulled the trigger on Stage 1, rineharts and heal toe shifter at my 1000 mi check up.$$ wow! It was just too quiet and the bike warranty extends to this modification so why not....They have to look at vibration causing gas cap to buzz, make clutch more smooth and grease that wimpy sidestand.
Welcome to the '18 Heritage Club. You will love the bike, the Rineharts and the heel shifter, but you will always hate the Jiffy stand.

Fix the gas cap buzz...will never happen. Little tricks help. Close cap til you get 4-5 clicks then back off till you feel a little snugness. May need to repeat.

Hope you are getting a tune with the Stage I. Makes a difference to idle and throttle responce. For the better.

The following users liked this post:
IanMass (09-10-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 05:00 PM
tx freebird
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

After some waffling between a Low Rider and a Heritage, I pulled the trigger on the Heritage. This thread was most helpful. It will be a 2018 Twisted Cherry 107 with the engine bone stock for now. Probably the first stock H-D engine I ever took home. I am having a few goodies added. Getting any new ride sorted out and fitting properly is a fun journey - this one will begin this week (hopefully). We needed the rain in Texas, but thee is no end in sight for a while.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:12 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by g.pederson
Introducing myself to this thread. Picked up a 2018 Heritage 107 last Thursday and now all it has done is rained so very little riding time. Road metrics previously since I started riding in the 90’s and I have to say this is the best I have ridden so far. I have had Honda Shadow 750, Yamaha 1300 tourer, and Yamaha Stryker 1300 which I modded a lot. First item on my list is to fix the exhaust sound. I had cobra swepts on the Yamaha and they were loud and got a lot of drone in my modular helmet. I am hoping to find someting slightly quieter and lower tone. I started looking at the Street Cannons, Vance and Hines Eliminator 300, and Rinehart 3.5. Seems like the SC is just better than stock slightly which is below what I would like. Rinehart seems ok but might be a bit loud. Anyone have experience with the Eliminator 300 from V&H? Could you share you experience and if so sound.

I shyed away from Harley for too many years because I knew if I rode one and met the people the culture would have me smiling all the way home. Look forward to learning from those on these forums.
Welcome to the club. Should get a lot of smiles out of that Heritage. I agree the SC will likely be too quiet for you. RCX and Tabs with louvred baffles miggtbhit the sweet spot. Lots of people like the Rineharts and V&H slash too, although a touch louder. I’ve heard the 300’s are on the quiet side, but probably louder than SC. Personally I really like the Cobra Neighbor Haters which are a touch mellower than the Rineharts...not as loud as the name would imply...my neighbors are fine with them. Hard to predict what will tickle your ears.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread