2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything Fat Bob Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 02:18 AM
pguizze
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by daspes
For those asking for pics of the Mustang seats a few weeks back. Here's their 16" Touring Solo and Passenger pillion... Just got back from a 600 mile trip on it and didn't have to reposition my backside once. Amazing seat. You sit about 1" lower and farther back than with the stocker.

Thx for the pics!

Question on the mustang touring seat: how does it feel compared to the stock one ? Is it softer or harder ? I bought a Saddleman solo seat and honestly I have the feeling to seat on wood! Very hard. Just by pressing with your fingers, you can feel that it is stronger.
What about this mustang one?
Thank you!

The following users liked this post:
yyokes (04-25-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 09:24 PM
blackmill
Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Old 04-25-2019, 09:43 AM
MO8ball
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One up seat

Saddelman has a good one up seat. I have about 6K on mine and it works well.

The following users liked this post:
Felix 808 (09-15-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 10:32 AM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

Originally Posted by MO8ball

Saddelman has a good one up seat. I have about 6K on mine and it works well.
What fairing/shield is that?

Old 04-25-2019, 11:26 AM
MO8ball
3rd Gear

That is a custom piece. I could not find a small re-curved shield that would fit the bike. This one does a great job keeping the wind off of my chest.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:00 PM
dceggert
Road Master
Received 495 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
Just as a heads up for fellow FB owners. I installed Oberon adjustable levers over the winter. Upon bringing the bike out this season I was chasing a weird new idle situation. When coming to a stop the idle would raise a few 100 RPM right before coming to a stop with the clutch lever pulled in. Once I came to a complete stop the idle would drop back to normal. Fearing it was the infamous composite plastic intake manifold issue I reinstalled the OE levers yesterday evening. Low and behold the bike is 100% back to normal.
Originally Posted by MoneyFor
That is weird, I have the adjustable Rick's levers on mine and no problem at all, I also don't see what livers may have to do with idle.
This may be the clutch switch. The lever may be contacting the hand grip before the switch is triggered. To test this, pull the lever all the way in with the bike in gear and see if you can start it. When I first put the Oberon Adjustable Clutch Lever on my Limited I stalled out at a light because I was not used to the new friction zone and I could not restart the bike without fumbling for neutral. I have since discovered that on setting '3' all is fine...not so much with '2' or '1'. The racing idle is a potential clue that the switch is not being triggered.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:54 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Pretty much what I found as well. I did not like the feel of the levers in addition to the clutch switch issue so off they went. I'm going to purchase a set of the OE levers and have them powder coated at some point.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:47 PM
joseph.perry05
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After researching through countless pages i cannot find a definitive answer on this question. Can anyone tell me the exact cable lengths i need to get in order to install my lucky daves 11" t bars? I'm guessing its going to be about +3-4" over the stock cables but i dont want to play guessing games! ALSO i just need the upper brake cable correct? My bike is a 2018 with ABS.

Old 04-27-2019, 01:30 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by dceggert
This may be the clutch switch. The lever may be contacting the hand grip before the switch is triggered. To test this, pull the lever all the way in with the bike in gear and see if you can start it. When I first put the Oberon Adjustable Clutch Lever on my Limited I stalled out at a light because I was not used to the new friction zone and I could not restart the bike without fumbling for neutral. I have since discovered that on setting '3' all is fine...not so much with '2' or '1'. The racing idle is a potential clue that the switch is not being triggered.
Thanks for that info,

I do not have any problem at al with the Rick's in whatever position I'm setting it in, so I can use 1 to 6 without any problem. Conclusion will be you
better buy Rick's levers instead of the Oberon. I'm glad the Oberon's were in backorder back then but is it possible that the grips that you use are
too thick ?

Old 04-27-2019, 07:42 AM
MO8ball
3rd Gear
Default Solo Seat

I use the Saddelman unit. It is comfortable and is a little lower than the stock unit.

Quick Reply: The Everything Fat Bob Thread