2018+ Softail Models Breakout

FXFBS disappointing top speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 05:04 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts
Default FXFBS disappointing top speed

To start my FXFBS is stock, my top speed measured on GPS is currently 193kph or 119.92mph, I find this very disappointing, my XLH1200S from 2000 was faster.

I would like to hear other FXFBS owners' findings.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:20 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,780 Likes on 18,557 Posts

It is a Harley Davidson ...

Old 03-22-2019, 05:45 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
To start my FXFBS is stock, my top speed measured on GPS is currently 193kph or 119.92mph, I find this very disappointing, my XLH1200S from 2000 was faster.

I would like to hear other FXFBS owners' findings.
Most people here won’t try and find the top speed on their bikes, for various reasons. Little things like, oh you know, sanity...

However, if you have the need for speed, you’re likely hitting a limit set in the ECM. If you need to push the edge, go buy an aftermarket tuner like a Power Vision or a FuelPak and you can set the limit to whatever you want.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:15 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mchad
Most people here won’t try and find the top speed on their bikes, for various reasons. Little things like, oh you know, sanity...

However, if you have the need for speed, you’re likely hitting a limit set in the ECM. If you need to push the edge, go buy an aftermarket tuner like a Power Vision or a FuelPak and you can set the limit to whatever you want.

Thanks for the reactions,

I know it is a Harley but expected a bit more umph out of it since it is a 114 and my old 1200 did better then that. I used to race with GSXR's and I'm used to speeds up and above 300 kph
so for me everything feels slow but that was one of the reasons I went a long with Harley to cruise more ....but I bought the FXFBS just for that bit more when I had the need for speed .
It handle very well in corners and I'm happy with it but for now even my tupperwarebox GL1800 is faster so you could understand that I was a bit disappointing.

I have currently a Motorscan M6050 on order, it is a dealer tool that can alter everyting in the ECM so that must be able to unlock the speed limit if there is one .

Old 03-22-2019, 10:36 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Thanks for the reactions,

I know it is a Harley but expected a bit more umph out of it since it is a 114 and my old 1200 did better then that. I used to race with GSXR's and I'm used to speeds up and above 300 kph
so for me everything feels slow but that was one of the reasons I went a long with Harley to cruise more ....but I bought the FXFBS just for that bit more when I had the need for speed .
It handle very well in corners and I'm happy with it but for now even my tupperwarebox GL1800 is faster so you could understand that I was a bit disappointing.

I have currently a Motorscan M6050 on order, it is a dealer tool that can alter everyting in the ECM so that must be able to unlock the speed limit if there is one .
I don't think thats going to do it for you. That looks like a diagnostic tool. You need to modify the ECM map. For that you'll need a tuner. Google Harley Tuner for some info.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:12 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

I don't think thats going to do it for you. That looks like a diagnostic tool. You need to modify the ECM map. For that you'll need a tuner. Google Harley Tuner for some info.
It is just a bit more then a regular diagnostic tool, you really can alter the ecm values.

MEMOBIKE 6050 is an High-Tech instrument that allows to perform advanced diagnostics of new generation motorcycles belonging to the most important brands of the world. In addition to test the functioning
of the motorcycle, it can change, if provided, instrument panel, ABS and immobilizer parameters; as well as the injection and ignition system parameters.

New technical features
Ignition – Key less system – Suspensions – Iniezione ABS ACS (Air Control Suspension) – Injection (display codes) – Service Inertial Platform – Injection (blink codes) – Control Panel Parking – Injection adjustment
– Body computer – WPM (Windshield Parking Module) – Electric traction EPS (Electric Power Steering) – Handlebar controls – Traction control – DPS (Dynamic Power Steering) – Headlight adjustment –
TCM (Traction Control Module) – EPT (Electric Power Throttle) – Speed regulation – Immobilizer – TPMS – Radio – Alarm Transmission

Multibrand diagnoses, repairs, service and reprogramming
An essential instrument, extremely easy to use, but comprehensive and constantly updated. Within the reach of all users and rich in features that make it a must for even the most demanding racing preparators.

Many non afficial dealers in Europe use this device, if it just was a scanner then it was useless to them, then you better buy a FP3 for 300USD or so, that also erase fault codes.

Link to the site.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:16 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Yes, but the limits you want to set are in the fuel map, I strongly doubt that it will edit that.
But you seem confident. So good luck. Let us know if it works for you. I don't think it will, but thats just me.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:42 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

Yes, but the limits you want to set are in the fuel map, I strongly doubt that it will edit that.
But you seem confident. So good luck. Let us know if it works for you. I don't think it will, but thats just me.
I hope that you are wrong , but can a FP3 alter that limiter ? I have 3 FP3 on my other Harley' so I could check on them but what do you alter in the fuelmaps then ?

Old 03-22-2019, 11:50 AM
Mchad
Club Member

I hope that you are wrong , but can a FP3 alter that limiter ? I have 3 FP3 on my other Harley' so I could check on them but what do you alter in the fuelmaps then ?
I never used a FP3, however on the Power Vision WinPV program in the tune there is a section "limits and switches", which has speed limiter fuel cutoff or something similar - where it is changed.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:13 PM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

I never used a FP3, however on the Power Vision WinPV program in the tune there is a section "limits and switches", which has speed limiter fuel cutoff or something similar - where it is changed.
I will send a email to V&H on monday and ask if this option is available on the FP3 because I have a new in the box FP3 never married with a bike waiting for a bike, so if it could I can al so install that one on the FXFBS.

Thanks, have a nice weekend.

Quick Reply: FXFBS disappointing top speed