Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Sony DSX-S100 or similar??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:10 AM
UltraDune
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone using Sony DSX-S100 or similar??

I have this Sony head-unit installed in my '11 RGC along with a RF amp and the Biketronics control unit. Question about the Sony unit and hopefully someone has an answer. I can scroll through the set-up options to take the 'beep' out, as in turn it off so that everytime you change volume/channel etc. there is no 'beep'...but everytime I turn the bike off and the unit loses power it gives out about six loud beeps or so, the manual claims this is the alarm on the radio. I do have an ipod inside the tray. The manual claims that it only will beep if you are using the internal amp??
Anyone know how to turn this off? Its driving me nuts everytime I shut the bike down....Anyone? Thanks in advance!

Old 05-23-2013, 06:24 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 313 Posts

It's a Sony thing...does it on all the recent units I've had...yeah it's annoying and I don't know if you can shut it off. I also hat that the time display is just about unreadable unless the unit is turned off, yeah I get it that it's not built for motorcycles but my eyes have a hard time reading the display when music is playing.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:59 AM
BeerIsMyDad
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, the "Device Inside" beeps can't be turned off on the DSX-S100. The sound only comes through the speaker wires though, and if you add an amp using just the pre-amp outputs of the radio, you can defeat this sound. The DSX-S310 has an option to turn this annoying feature off and is roughly the same radio with more features.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:27 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by BeerIsMyDad
Unfortunately, the "Device Inside" beeps can't be turned off on the DSX-S100. The sound only comes through the speaker wires though, and if you add an amp using just the pre-amp outputs of the radio, you can defeat this sound. The DSX-S310 has an option to turn this annoying feature off and is roughly the same radio with more features.
The fix might work but I don't think it's a "device inside" reminder because I have two other Sony units without the tune tray (just cd player) and they do it too...

Old 05-26-2013, 04:16 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

on the newer units, you can turn it off but on the 100 you cannot unless you go with an amp and the amp has to be connected via the RCA cables. If you use the high level inputs on an amp connected to the speaker wires the sound will still come through.

Yeah most aftermarket head unit displays are going to be pretty much useless during the day but then again that's what the handlebar controls are for.

Originally Posted by elPrez
It's a Sony thing...does it on all the recent units I've had...yeah it's annoying and I don't know if you can shut it off. I also hat that the time display is just about unreadable unless the unit is turned off, yeah I get it that it's not built for motorcycles but my eyes have a hard time reading the display when music is playing.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:20 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ

Yeah most aftermarket head unit displays are going to be pretty much useless during the day but then again that's what the handlebar controls are for.
My problem with the display is
1: curved plastic make the light wash it out and most importantly
2: when music is playing, the clock gets very small and I cant really see it at all, with the ipod in the large display is the time counter for the song...don't really care about that. Wish there was a way to choose what options you want on the display

Old 05-29-2013, 10:46 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

clock? who needs a clock on a Harley... you must be married.. LOL

There should be a clock on the odometer display as well.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:51 PM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
clock? who needs a clock on a Harley... you must be married.. LOL

There should be a clock on the odometer display as well.
I am...but I also still need to be some places on time and 05's don't have clocks on the odometer...

Old 05-30-2013, 11:02 AM
BeerIsMyDad
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Sony DSX-MS60 has all the same features as the S100, but in "marine grade" (yeah right). The advantage is the high contrast display that is actually easier to read at different angles and in bright sun.